Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.57 seconds.
Forum: General January 12th 08, 06:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Can You Use Laptop Memory (DDR) in PCs?

On Jan 12, 6:17 am, Paul wrote:

An SODIMM (small outline dual inline memory module) has a different
shape than a desktop DIMM.

Yeah, turns out this was right after all. ...
Forum: General January 12th 08, 12:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Can You Use Laptop Memory (DDR) in PCs?

On Jan 12, 7:36 am, j1mb0jay wrote:

On my newer laptop the physical size of the RAM is smaller than a
desktop. But laptops only a few years old tend to be the same as desktop
Forum: General January 12th 08, 10:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Can You Use Laptop Memory (DDR) in PCs?

If it's a stupid question, I'd appreciate links to sites where the
extent of stupidity will be clear. Thanks.
Forum: Storage (alternative) April 23rd 07, 10:19 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Wit's End with "Direct Access Component" Conflict

On Apr 22, 1:55 pm, "Alexander Grigoriev" wrote:
DirectCD and its descenders has always been source of crashes. I recommend
to get rid of that crappy technology. With USB...
Forum: Storage (alternative) April 22nd 07, 10:26 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Wit's End with "Direct Access Component" Conflict

On Apr 21, 8:37 pm, Impmon wrote:

That particular error usually indicate driver conflict. When 2 or
more are trying to control the same resources and won't play nice,
Forum: Storage (alternative) April 22nd 07, 12:34 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Wit's End with "Direct Access Component" Conflict

On Apr 21, 7:41 am, Impmon wrote:

This should cause the BSoD to stay on rather than crashing and
restarting. Crash number would help a lot in telling where the
problem is. ...
Forum: Storage (alternative) April 21st 07, 11:56 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Wit's End with "Direct Access Component" Conflict

On Apr 21, 10:05 am, "Alexander Grigoriev" wrote:
Roxio is using their own drivers to mimic ASPI.
Start Regedit, and open the following key (registry 'folder'):

Forum: Storage (alternative) April 21st 07, 01:24 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Wit's End with "Direct Access Component" Conflict

On Apr 21, 7:41 am, Impmon wrote:

Try this one:

[SNIP]

Sh*$!!! Thank *you.* I'll let you know what happens (should have
come to this newsgroup first.)
Forum: Storage (alternative) April 21st 07, 11:44 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Wit's End with "Direct Access Component" Conflict

I just tried to power-down without first "Safely Disconnecting" the CD
drive. I glimpsed this on the blue screen: Page Fault in Nonpaged
Area.
Forum: Storage (alternative) April 21st 07, 11:06 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Wit's End with "Direct Access Component" Conflict

For the last three weeks, after installing Service Pack 2 on my
ThinkPad R40 (Service Pack 2 was necessary to run Windows MovieMaker
successfully), I've gotten blue screen crashes on powering...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10