Showing results 1 to 25 of 70
Search took 0.15 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: RussellS
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 21st 07, 12:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By RussellS
Computer trouble

wrote in message
On Mar 11, 11:11 pm, "RussellS"
rsullivan@tastycomputersdotcom_replace"dot"with"."...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 12th 07, 04:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By RussellS
CPU Heating

"Bill" wrote in message
On Mar 11, 11:42 am, wrote:
On Mar 11, 7:19 pm, "Ed Medlin"...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 12th 07, 04:11 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By RussellS
Computer trouble

wrote in message
Hey, I'm currently building my own computer at home and am having some
trouble getting it to...
Forum: Dell Computers March 8th 07, 02:15 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By RussellS
Increase Performance of Single Drive System

"Journey" wrote in message
Does anyone have any tips about how to increase the performance of a
laptop, which of course has...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 8th 07, 02:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By RussellS
Can Anyone Recommend a Good PC Builder?

"Frank McCoy" wrote in message
In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt "
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 19th 07, 01:34 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By RussellS
OS does not recognize second SATA drive

wrote in message
I installed a 250GB SATA drive to my computer in addition to an 80 GB
drive, and Windows Vista...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 11th 07, 03:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By RussellS
System component selection comments

"Dave" wrote in message

"Mellowed" wrote in message
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 5th 07, 09:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By RussellS
Wanna Lose Windows Login

"Mista Fadedglory" wrote in message
Can someone help me here? What is the run command to skip the login
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 5th 07, 07:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc
Replies: 18
Posted By RussellS
Boot Problem: Mobo/Power?

"Jim Garrison" wrote in message
System: Intel DG965WH in an Antec Sonata case with
450w PS.

Symptoms:

When I apply power to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 3rd 07, 05:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By RussellS
Windows 95 in a modern pc

"spodosaurus" wrote in message
Kev Nurse wrote:
Hi Guys,
I have a spare modern pc that my son wants to play some old Win...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 2nd 07, 06:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By RussellS
bulging caps and how to fix 'em

"JAD" wrote in message

"helmut" wrote in message
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 2nd 07, 06:15 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By RussellS
Advice- upgrading an 'old' sys

As Conor, Rod and Dave suggest, there'll be very little salvageable from the
old system. Perhaps you can reuse the XP OS if it's not an OEM version
(license tied to original hardware.) You might...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 13th 07, 06:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By RussellS
Lian Li PC-G7B - in US?

"laz" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me if there is anyone who sells this case for shipment to
US?
I found...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 11th 07, 05:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By RussellS
DVD Writer IDE Transfer Mode Problem

"Zach" wrote in message
Thanks to everyone for all of the help. I apologize for the delay in my
response. Here's...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 8th 07, 07:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 14
Posted By RussellS
LCD monitor for gaming?

"Davej" wrote in message
VanShania wrote:
You can build or buy a low end gamer, but all you will get is
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 8th 07, 07:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 14
Posted By RussellS
Build or Buy?

"Ed Medlin" wrote in message

"OSbandito" wrote in message
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 8th 07, 07:15 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By RussellS
DVD Writer IDE Transfer Mode Problem

Hi Zach,

It sounds like it's likely one or more of the following:
1. A motherboard BIOS setting for the IDE1 slave port that needs to be
changed (common with Dell BIOS menus, if your computer...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 5th 07, 12:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By RussellS
CPU Upgrade Compatibility Question

"Aaron" wrote in message
CPU COMPATIBILITY QUESTION

I own:
Dell DIMENSION DIM2350
Asset Tag: 42JJ421
Forum: Dell Computers December 24th 06, 11:15 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 25
Posted By RussellS
Recommendations for external HD

"Tom Scales" wrote in message
Personally I'd go buy the Seagate external. Why bother with getting a
separate enclosure. ...
Forum: Dell Computers December 24th 06, 04:58 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 1
Posted By RussellS
How Frustrating is this?

"Nota Clu" wrote in message
In the Home/Home Office Dimension category, Dell only offers the 2 bottom
of the barrel Core 2 Duos. WTF??

Forum: Dell Computers December 24th 06, 04:51 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 25
Posted By RussellS
Recommendations for external HD

"PaulT" wrote in message
Any recommendations for a good external HD for backing up music and
Pictures? We have 3 Dell...
Forum: Dell Computers December 24th 06, 04:31 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By RussellS
Keep hard drives on the same channel?

wrote in message
I've got 6 SATA connectors on my 9200 mobo, is there any performance
hit if I had my...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 22nd 06, 06:15 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By RussellS
Help! PCI-E power connector question

"WooHoo2You" wrote in message

"RussellS" rsullivan@tastycomputersdotcom_replace"dot"with"." wrote in
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 18th 06, 06:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By RussellS
Help! PCI-E power connector question

wrote in message
Yes, your answer helped, but I'm still confused about the following:

From the motherboard...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 18th 06, 06:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By RussellS
Cooler Master CAC-T05 Case Question

"Jack" wrote in message
Is anyone using the Cooler Master CAC-T05 case? I just built a system
with
it, and I can't get the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 70