Showing results 1 to 25 of 121
Search took 0.17 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jeff
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 11th 07, 03:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Jeff
for post of computer assembling and software installation

"WooHoo2You" wrote in message
wrote in message
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 10th 07, 03:35 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By Jeff
Mohterboard suddenly gives me the silent treatment.

"DaveW" wrote in message
When inexpensive PSU's die they often fry the motherboard also since to
keep the cost so low...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 10th 07, 01:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 34
Posted By Jeff
WIN XP & VISTA 32bit ..How much RAM can I get ?

"Dave" wrote in message

My point was, if you believe Microsoft's (HARDWARE) performance ratings,
it would...
Forum: Overclocking March 10th 07, 01:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

"Dave" wrote in message

My point was, if you believe Microsoft's (HARDWARE) performance ratings,
it would...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 10th 07, 12:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Posted By Jeff
Planning on building 1st computer

"Fruit2O" wrote in message

I don't know the difference between a server box and a PC box except
that the server box has...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 9th 07, 04:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Posted By Jeff
Planning on building 1st computer

"Fruit2O" wrote in message

1. What manufacturers of boxes do you recommend?
2. Isn't there a newer type of RAM on the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 8th 07, 01:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Jeff
Short in Motherboard - Final Update

"Frank McCoy" wrote in message
Try booting up in "Safe Mode"
In Win-95, Me, 2000, and 98, device-drivers that are still...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 7th 07, 03:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Jeff
Short in Motherboard - Final Update

....thought I would start another thread on this and give the final update
for those interested. This was the issue where I had a problem after
drilling a mounting hole for an extra case...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 5th 07, 04:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By Jeff
Bad Motherboard?? ...short?

"sdlomi2" wrote in message

I'm sure you did not mean "see" in its literal meaning; however,
reading above...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 4th 07, 04:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By Jeff
Bad Motherboard?? ...short?

"w_tom" wrote in message

A spare power supply is wasted time and money. If swapping things
to fix it, then you may...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 4th 07, 03:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By Jeff
Bad Motherboard?? ...short?

"Paul" wrote in message ...

Disassemble the thing, clean up inside, and reassemble it. Maybe you'll
get lucky, or something.

Paul

Thanks....
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 4th 07, 01:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By Jeff
Bad Motherboard?? ...short?

"Trimble Bracegirdle" wrote in message
"""running the drill into the front of the case .."""

It looks like must be this...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 2nd 07, 06:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 0
Posted By Jeff
Google Multi Million Dollar Lawsuit

"Kevin" wrote in message
If your interested please contact me at 402-403-0084 or try my cell.

If you're going to start a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 1st 07, 02:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By Jeff
New PC too LOUD

"Paul" wrote in message ...
badmotorvision wrote:

You can waste a ton of money buying aftermarket cooling
solutions, passively cooled power...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 28th 07, 03:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Jeff
Dual Boot XP Pro and Vista OEM

"Mike T." wrote in message

It's not that easy to GET 100% compatibility, even if you start
from scratch and...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 24th 07, 05:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Jeff
when the connectors from the case don't fit the mobo?

"peter" wrote in message
Just bought an antec sonata II case, and an asus P5PE-VM mobo.

Several connectors from the Antec case don't fit...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 24th 07, 02:46 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Jeff
How can I increase the velocity of my computer.

"caronte" wrote in message
My computer is very slow and i want a computer with a better
performance,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 24th 07, 02:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Jeff
SATA v SCSI v SAS drives

"Tal Fuchs" wrote in message
There are no big difference in performance between all these.
some IDE drives are quicker then identical...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 23rd 07, 04:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Jeff
SATA v SCSI v SAS drives

"Mark Wallace" wrote in message
I am building a server for work - it will host terminal servers
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 18th 07, 03:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By Jeff
RAM Question, difference between

"Don" wrote in message
What is the difference between PC 5300 DDR2 667 memory and PC 5400 DDR2
667...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 16th 07, 02:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By Jeff
Server board for Core 2 Duo with DDR2 ECC, Dual Gigabit LAN, Onboard Video and 3 x PCI 32-bit 33MHz

wrote in message
Hi,

I am looking for a server board for Core 2 Duo or Xeon 30x0
(repackaged Core 2 Duo)...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 16th 07, 02:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 0
Posted By Jeff
Looking for SATA RAID Solution

....have a 3 year old machine that I would like to turn into a file server
that won't have great demands. The mainboard does not support SATA and does
not have PCIe slots. Unless I missed something...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 16th 07, 04:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 0
Posted By Jeff
Looking for Sata raid on PCI solution

....have a 3 year old machine that I would like to turn into a file server
that won't have great demands. The mainboard does not support SATA and does
not have PCIe slots. Unless I missed something...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 12th 07, 02:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By Jeff
AMD & AMD2

"fwibbler" wrote in message
"Mofaz" wrote:

Socket 939...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 12th 07, 02:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Jeff
HP NetServer E 60 - What kind of memory??

"CzarnyLewis" wrote in message

There is one product listed here, for $67 for a 256MB stick.

Showing results 1 to 25 of 121