Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: alo
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 4th 13, 08:45 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 5
Posted By alo
SATA eSATA IDE HDD Dock ..HD spinning forever?

On Fri, 01 Feb 2013 15:01:37 GMT,
(GMAN) wrote:

You live with it, its the nature of a NAS to run like that 24/7. I have had
the same drives running in my...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 2nd 13, 07:53 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 5
Posted By alo
SATA eSATA IDE HDD Dock ..HD spinning forever?

On Fri, 01 Feb 2013 15:01:37 GMT,
(GMAN) wrote:

In article , alo wrote:
Hello...

I am using a...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 1st 13, 12:28 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 5
Posted By alo
SATA eSATA IDE HDD Dock ..HD spinning forever?

Hello...

I am using a Using a DUAL 2.5 3.5 SATA eSATA IDE HDD Dock..with a 1GB
sata 3.5 drive in it.. connected to my home network via Seagate
Dockstar, set up so the drive is working as a NAS...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 29th 11, 08:06 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 5
Posted By alo
Disk 1 did not pass SMART self-assessment test

Disk 1 did not pass SMART self-assessment test...

"Reallocated sector count has increased in the last day.
Disk 1:
Previous count: 1504
Current count: 2507"

This disk was in a Netgear...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 21st 10, 03:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By alo
nvidia geforce 7600 gt Time to upgrade

Hello...

Just built a new comp for windows 7 and would like any recommendations
for upgrading my PCI card (nvidia geforce 7600 gt) A mid priced card,
say around £50+ or so, ($80+)

Thanks
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 4th 09, 10:17 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 7
Posted By alo
USB stick - win XP updates

On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 21:03:20 +0800, "Man-wai Chang to The Door
(+MS=32B)" wrote:

After a reboot, I found that the USB device was no longer available
(or the files on...
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 4th 09, 01:33 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 7
Posted By alo
USB stick - win XP updates

Hello....

I had a USB memory stick plugged into my Win XP (pro) computer.

The machine then updated itself with the many various MS patches going
back a number of weeks. This it successfully...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 7th 09, 06:46 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 3
Posted By alo
USB sata docking station

On 7 Feb 2009 13:25:51 GMT, Arno Wagner wrote:

But how should I turn it off, or remove it from my PC if the PC is
still running?

It won't let me power it down via remove...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 7th 09, 12:25 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 3
Posted By alo
USB sata docking station

Hello...

I have a NEWlink USB 2.0 / eSATA Docking Station.. connects externally
to PC via sata or usb cable, and I have a 250GB HD in it...and it
works fine.

But how should I turn it off, or...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 2nd 08, 07:40 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 14
Posted By alo
USB memory stick has 'loader.exe' constantly appearing

On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 13:45:58 -0700, Ed Light
wrote:

I think that deleting the partition and making a new one will fix it.

How do I go about deleting the partition... I have...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 1st 08, 01:34 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 14
Posted By alo
USB memory stick has 'loader.exe' constantly appearing

Hello...

I have a USB memory stick and everytime I insert it into a PC (running
WinXP pro) symantec finds 3 x 'loader.exe' on it.

I have formmatted the stick a number of times but each time...
Forum: Storage (alternative) May 21st 08, 11:42 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 5
Posted By alo
Freecom 120GB extranal USB drive.. problems

I have a 120GB Freecom 2.5" 'mobile drive' USB2.

It works fine on all the computers I have plugged it into except the
one I want it to work with.

This machine a HP server running Windows 2003 will...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 29th 08, 08:47 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 3
Posted By alo
250GB external HD - Acronis and growing file collection

On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 06:02:13 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

Nope, that type of backup does create separate files, essentially so
you can restore from any level of the...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 29th 08, 07:03 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 3
Posted By alo
250GB external HD - Acronis and growing file collection

Hello...
I am running Acronis TI V11 here on my home setup. Did a full HD
backup of my C drive, creating a disk image on a 2nd HD. A one off
copy of my system (which in the past has gotten me out of...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 9th 08, 06:00 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 1
Posted By alo
Hawking network storage 250MB

Hello..

Anybody using the Hawking network storage system (enclosure in which
you can install 1 x HD up to 205MB) then network to your system via
ethernet. The disk can be password protected to...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 6th 08, 02:21 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By alo
backing up a win2003 server- small budget

On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 02:00:57 GMT, CJT wrote:

If you have a small budget you shouldn't be running overpriced server
software.

Alas I have inherited the setup, so I have...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 5th 08, 11:23 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By alo
backing up a win2003 server- small budget

On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 08:34:23 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

Will True Image V11 run on a server

Yep.

or is it for a home PC only?
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 5th 08, 09:59 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By alo
backing up a win2003 server- small budget

On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 06:14:37 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

alo wrote:

Hardware... how about external USB drive and software
that will allow the...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 5th 08, 11:33 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By alo
backing up a win2003 server- small budget

What would be the least expensive way of backing up a win2003 server
with only 1 x 80GB hard drive? (it has a number of partitions on it)