Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: GTS-NJ
Forum: Dell Computers June 4th 19, 09:50 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 1
Posted By GTS-NJ
Insprion 5755 Bricked BIOS

An Inspiron 5755 crashed while running a BIOS udpate (from A08 to A12).
None of the solutions that work for some Dells work with this one.
I called Dell but they won't tell me the price to reflash...
Forum: Dell Computers January 31st 14, 04:52 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By GTS-NJ
What Thermal Paste

In article , says...

Hi,
I may need to remove and replace a heat sink and will need to reapply the
thermal paste. While shopping online for a...
Forum: Dell Computers October 26th 13, 04:40 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 1
Posted By GTS-NJ
E5400 fan+heatsink

In article ,
says...

I replaced the fan+heatsink K436N in my E5400
owing to squealing and rough running fan.

Very easy, 5 screws...
Forum: Dell Computers April 5th 12, 03:47 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 8
Posted By GTS-NJ
DFS Laptop Battery

"BillW50" wrote in message
In ,
GTS-NJ wrote:
"BillW50" wrote in message
Forum: Dell Computers April 4th 12, 03:07 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 8
Posted By GTS-NJ
DFS Laptop Battery

"BillW50" wrote in message
In ,
GTS-NJ wrote:
I just purchased a laptop from Dell Financial services. This...
Forum: Dell Computers April 3rd 12, 04:31 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 8
Posted By GTS-NJ
DFS Laptop Battery

I just purchased a laptop from Dell Financial services. This is the first
time I've bought a refurb from Dell. (I needed a laptop with the old PC
Card slot for a customer.)

I'm a little...
Forum: Dell Computers April 19th 11, 03:28 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 0
Posted By GTS-NJ
Michael Dell: The Making of an American Oligarch

Michael Dell: The Making of an American Oligarch
http://motherjones.com/politics/2011/02/michael-dell-outsourcing-jobs-timeline
Forum: Dell Computers December 29th 10, 05:45 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By GTS-NJ
Video Fan Runs Before Standby

That's not how hybrid sleep works. The computer sleeps and ALSO saves a
copy of memory to the Hard Drive the same way that hibernate does. This
allows for the faster start up from sleep than...
Forum: Dell Computers December 25th 10, 05:09 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 28
Posted By GTS-NJ
Windows 7 Memory Question (slightly OFF-TOPIC)

"Rich" wrote in message

"GTS-NJ" wrote in message
Forum: Dell Computers December 24th 10, 05:37 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 28
Posted By GTS-NJ
Windows 7 Memory Question (slightly OFF-TOPIC)

SNIP

Ben,
I have heard of this power supply/motherboard issue with eMachines. I
currently own 3 eMachines; a T3306 & 2 T5243's. The worst problem I have
had was the DVD burner...
Forum: Dell Computers October 3rd 10, 09:58 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By GTS-NJ
XPS 7100 and breaking RAID

If you are really set up for Raid 0 you cannot break the array and retain
any data. Note that RAID applies to the drives and not to individual
partitions. Raid 0 (which is almost always a very...
Forum: Dell Computers July 29th 10, 06:33 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 16
Posted By GTS-NJ
need to replace battery- do I need to write down everything in sys. setup?

As a general rule the BIOS will work at it's normal defaults if you never
customized any settings, so it shouldn't be necessary to write them down.
In all likelihood, since you've gotten the...
Forum: Dell Computers July 22nd 10, 04:01 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 8
Posted By GTS-NJ
Need Dell XP Home with SP3 CD

I badly need a Dell XP Home with SP3 CD. Does anyone know any way to get
one? Will Dell sell one without reference to a specific computer? Any 3rd
party sources?

These are incredibly scarce...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13