Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: RedPenguin
Forum: General December 11th 07, 05:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By RedPenguin
Good ATSC/DTV TV Tuner Card

I'm trying to find a nice TV tuner card that can travel nicely.

Basically one that is either a USB stick or close to it.

I want to be able to connect it to either a laptop or a desktop. So
having a...
Forum: General October 25th 07, 07:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By RedPenguin
Weird hard drives, don't worry alone, only together.

On Oct 23, 3:55 am, kony wrote:
On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 00:55:25 -0000, RedPenguin

wrote:
I have two 10gb hard drives, it's weird.

Both hard...
Forum: General October 23rd 07, 01:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By RedPenguin
Weird hard drives, don't worry alone, only together.

I have two 10gb hard drives, it's weird.

Both hard drives work, but when I just put in one of then, my Compaq
Deskpro says Disk Controller Failure (Yes it's set to master/single),
but both together...
Forum: General October 21st 07, 08:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 0
Posted By RedPenguin
Compaq DeskPro EP Services 6400/10 and Disk Controller Failure

I currently have a couple of these systems from Compaq and a few of
them are saying Disk Controller Failure, sometimes even when their is
no Hard Drive hooked up. It's error 1782.

Usually, after...
Forum: General December 18th 06, 12:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By RedPenguin
Cable Modem Clog?

Yeah I knew that stuff already, I already limit my upload so that it
doesn't eat it all up. It's limited to 40kb/s total, so I make it
20kb/s or something less. I have a 3mb down with 320kbit up....
Forum: General December 18th 06, 12:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By RedPenguin
Cable Modem Clog?

To extend my previous message, the modem is a Motorola Surfboard
SB4101. My ISP said that they will swap me with a new modem, no
problem. This modem is 4-5 years old. I know that possibly getting...
Forum: General December 18th 06, 11:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By RedPenguin
Cable Modem Clog?

Can a cable modem due to P2P activity or just high connections,
espeically if it's like 5 years old become clogged with connections,
just like a router is known to be? I am wondering becuase once I...
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7