Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.21 seconds.
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 17th 20, 07:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
WOWS: Ranked Season 15 sold most of my ships...

My final conclusion about this whore game from russia can only be the following:

Their premium/paying players/customers are pitched against weaker teams.

The premium players already benefit...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 17th 20, 07:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
WOWS: Ranked Season 15 sold most of my ships...

This time I am almost quiting this game for real.

The frustration is insane with the player skill.

It's the same **** every ****ing time.

Every ****ing game where there are 4 or 5 destroyers on...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 5th 20, 07:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Skybuck Flying's Corona Game !

Good news: Problem solved by removing critical sections.

Bad news: I didn't find the core of the problem, it is probably critical section related somehow, console wouldn't come up, so writelns...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 4th 20, 02:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Skybuck Flying's Corona Game !

Strangely enough version 0.07 hangs on startup on toshiba laptop.

Itried remote debugging it but then the issue goes away.

As far as I know the application/game only uses on thread, however opengl...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 26th 20, 09:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Avast Defraggler reads cookies during install.

On Sunday, February 23, 2020 at 9:14:36 PM UTC+1, Paul wrote:
wrote:
This tool can be used to see frags per file:

Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 26th 20, 09:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Avast Defraggler reads cookies during install.

jkdefrag can tell you how many fragments the pagefile has.

How would jkdefrag do that ? When I look at the images on google images it seems to have a green gui only ?

How does jkdefrag actually...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 23rd 20, 07:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Avast Defraggler reads cookies during install.

Also booting laptop with HDMI plugged into to receiver for audio is not without risk.

The boot screen/boot process can not be seen, so this was another annoying failure cause by weird design.

Not...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 23rd 20, 07:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Avast Defraggler reads cookies during install.

Unfortunately it's not possible to inspect the pagefile.sys for file fragments, at least not in an easy way:

1. Tried disabing page file and booting to safe mode with ms prompt, this simply deletes...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 23rd 20, 06:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Avast Defraggler reads cookies during install.

Another nice tool is fragger:

https://www.passmark.com/products/fragger/

This allows to analyze, fragment and defragment individual files.

Very interesting. It comes with a GUI so it's a bit...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 23rd 20, 06:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Avast Defraggler reads cookies during install.

This tool can be used to see frags per file:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/contig

With the -a option ;)

Unfortunately it cannot show information for files that are in use...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 23rd 20, 05:37 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Avast Defraggler reads cookies during install.

I was looking for a tool to tell how many fragments the page file is, maybe to make a youtube tutorial video.

PageDefrag from sysinternals dont work on windows 7.

I tried defraggler from avast...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 23rd 20, 02:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Canon powershow hs sx50 mirrors the lcd screen when rotated towards viewer.

Home users may want to take note of this strange digital camera LCD screen behaviour...

I just discovered something weird and something slightly annoying about this camera:

This canon powershow hs...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 20th 20, 10:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
128 bit addressing for harddisk/block addressing.

Unfortunately even 128 bits will quickly be surpassed once 3D chips are achieved and they become much bigger than just 40x40x40 centimeters.

But implementing dynamic indexing and universal codes...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 17th 20, 03:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Is there life inside of liquid crystal displays ? (LCD wave patterns)

I just did a high-speed capture of an lcd/vga monitor and it appeared some kind of pattern was showing when the monitor was blinking different colors at rapid speed, though still vertical...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 17th 20, 01:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
128 bit addressing for harddisk/block addressing.

On Wednesday, February 12, 2020 at 5:51:22 PM UTC+1, Paul wrote:
Bill wrote:
Paul wrote:
wrote:
(Prepare yourself, I don't know how yet ;) except demanding...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 17th 20, 01:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
A strange weakness in all MS Windows versions

I was wondering what happened to (q)basic. It seems to have evolved into VBScript, I never used it much didn't even know it exists on windows or that it can run by default.

I was just made aware for...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 13th 20, 06:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
PS/2 vs USB Keyboard and why Logitech K120 belongs in trash !

WELL FOR NOW.

I already decided some time ago to postpone all video related editing processing and uploading until I find a way to do it much faster.

This may require a new computer, usb 3.0 and...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 13th 20, 06:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
PS/2 vs USB Keyboard and why Logitech K120 belongs in trash !

On Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at 5:23:03 PM UTC+1, Paul wrote:
wrote:
Hello,

In this video I prove why PS/2 keyboards are better for typing and gaming.

Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 13th 20, 06:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Houston we have a problem ?! No HDMI on TRX40 motherboards ?!

On Friday, November 15, 2019 at 4:25:43 PM UTC+1, King Beowulf wrote:
On Sat, 09 Nov 2019 06:41:33 -0800, skybuck2000 wrote:

EEEEEEEHHHHH.

Seen one TRX40 motherboard from gigabyte...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 13th 20, 05:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
A strange weakness in all MS Windows versions

OH WAIT

I forgot one of the worst ones:

IT MUST INSTALL TO C quite a large quantity.

If low on SPACE on C drive which is most likely.

FORGET ABOUT IT.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 13th 20, 05:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
A strange weakness in all MS Windows versions

Besides from all the crappy versions of Visual Studio.

Last 3 times I tried it failed:

1. Windows update and Visual Studio conflict when installing on new system.

2. Visual Studio does not install...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 10th 20, 03:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
A strange weakness in all MS Windows versions

On Monday, February 10, 2020 at 1:56:49 AM UTC+1, Char Jackson wrote:
On Sun, 9 Feb 2020 15:38:10 -0800 (PST), wrote:

It contains no real/decent programming language,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 10th 20, 03:41 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
128 bit addressing for harddisk/block addressing.

On Monday, February 10, 2020 at 2:03:16 AM UTC+1, Paul wrote:
wrote:
(Prepare yourself, I don't know how yet ;) except demanding this =D)

Title: 128 bit...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 10th 20, 03:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Advise for intel about integrating RAM onto chip.

One more posting though about the "RAM" integration attempt of intel and others onto CPUs/chips.

It seems Intel is trying to be "nice" about it and trying to create an "eco" system for other RAM...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 10th 20, 12:34 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
The future of the PC and especially processors and software.

I will write one more post for now with my thoughts on where the PC is going and also processors and software.

AMD has recently proven that it is possible to place 64 cores on a chip and this is...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500

Forum Jump