Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.40 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: chrisv
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 12th 20, 01:10 PM Posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 18
Posted By chrisv
Linux-based Windows 12 Lite is '3x faster than Windows 10' and 'immune from ransomware'

Big Al wrote:

Sounds too good to be true? Well it might not surprise you to
hear that this isn?t an official Microsoft product, rather it?s
a version of Linux Lite 4.8 LTS with Windows 10...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 1st 18, 08:26 PM Posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.os.linux.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Replies: 19
Posted By chrisv
Man sues Microsoft for $600M after a forced Windows upgrade destroyed his PC

Frank Slootweg wrote:

BTW, what *is* this 'Windows 10' thingy you guys keep talking about!? :-)

Why, it's the latest spyware from the monopolists in Redmond, of
course. Didn't you always wish...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 23rd 18, 01:23 PM Posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.os.linux.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Replies: 19
Posted By chrisv
If you aren't smart enough to use Windows 10 as it evolves, stick with your POS Mac or Linux box

Wolf K wrote:

(snipped, unread)

Your assholery doesn't interest me, much.

My point was indisputably correct. Choices are needed because people
have widely varying needs, tastes, skills, and...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 22nd 18, 06:31 PM Posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.os.linux.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Replies: 19
Posted By chrisv
If you aren't smart enough to use Windows 10 as it evolves, stick with your POS Mac or Linux box

Peter Köhlmann wrote:

Wolf K wrote:

BTW, AFAIK, there isn't a single Linux software package that does
something no Win/Mac package will do. If there is one, I'd like to know
of...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 15th 15, 01:21 PM Posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.privacy,comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.os.linux,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 106
Posted By chrisv
Windows 10 - the final nail in the coffin for Linux desktop

Peter Köhlmann wrote:

Jeremy Bentham wrote:

The value of something is established by the public market.
Even though linux is free, the general public would rather steal
Windows than...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 6th 12, 03:29 PM Posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 110
Posted By chrisv
Bit of a historical question: MS-DOS

Gene E. Bloch wrote:

Timothy Daniels wrote:

"chrisv" added:
chrisv wrote:

I recently spoiled my daughter with a $360 (yikes) AMD 7870 card.

2GB of RAM, on the video card!
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 5th 12, 05:30 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips

chrisv wrote:

I recently spoiled my daughter with a $360 (yikes) AMD 7870 card.

2GB of RAM, on the video card!
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 5th 12, 05:08 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 110
Posted By chrisv
Bit of a historical question: MS-DOS

Yousuf Khan wrote:

I started this thread originally, and my original question has long
since been answered. Not sure why this thread is still going. ;)

No thread can end without flames. 8)
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 5th 12, 05:08 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 110
Posted By chrisv
Bit of a historical question: MS-DOS

wrote:

Never left .chips, just been lurking for five years, or so, though. x86 is so
last century. ;-)

It's certainly less interesting. "More cores." Yawn.

My almost...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 3rd 12, 02:22 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 110
Posted By chrisv
Bit of a historical question: MS-DOS

chrisv wrote:

Anyway, if your recollection of (the real) me is true, it's of someone
who treats people very much as they deserve to be treated.
Respectable people being treated with respect, and...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 3rd 12, 02:15 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 110
Posted By chrisv
Bit of a historical question: MS-DOS

Gene E. Bloch wrote:

chrisv wrote:

Perhaps you should be more careful about whom you claim to
"recognize", when you can't recall from where.

It doesn't matter that much - I've seen...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 2nd 12, 08:29 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 110
Posted By chrisv
Bit of a historical question: MS-DOS

Gene E. Bloch wrote:

He's been here[1] before and is recognized.

[1] Or maybe another place where I hang out, I don't recall.

Perhaps you should be more careful about whom you claim...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 2nd 12, 08:19 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 110
Posted By chrisv
Bit of a historical question: MS-DOS

some filthy liar that calls itself "GreyCloud" wrote:

On 6/29/2012 1:11 PM, chrisv wrote:

"GreyCloud" is a senile old fsckwit who mostly just trolls.
He's retired and bored, you...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 29th 12, 08:11 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 110
Posted By chrisv
Bit of a historical question: MS-DOS

DevilsPGD wrote:

some POS liar that calls itself "GreyCloud" said:

On 6/1/2012 2:52 PM, Yousuf Khan wrote:
I've been trying to remember this, and I honestly can't remember it
anymore....
Forum: Storage (alternative) September 27th 11, 10:23 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 0
Posted By chrisv
Partition Hard Drive. Nothing Works @#$%^& UPDATE

Ron Speed wrote:

Nope.

Still trolling, Ron^Hd?
Forum: Storage (alternative) September 27th 11, 10:21 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 47
Posted By chrisv
Power failure during Windows 7 defrag (x64 Ultimate edition)

Ron Speed wrote:

No they dont.

Still trolling, Ron^Hd?
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 25th 11, 01:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.os.linux.advocacy
Replies: 13
Posted By chrisv
Who owns a tablet/netbook? Is it better than a laptop? Who runs Android OS?

Avid Fan wrote:

I think tablets are (in general some exceptions) for people too stupid
or lazy to open their laptops,.

The trouble with laptops is the "pointer". I've never liked any of
them. ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 19th 11, 01:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.anti-virus,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.os.linux.advocacy
Replies: 33
Posted By chrisv
WinTroll: Stupid question to post to a Linux group (was: disinfected)

JeffM wrote:

Dopez wrote:
[...]a PC you have disinfected?

The proper way to disinfect a PC
is to overwrite the Windoze partition with a Linux install.

"Disinfecting" includes getting rid...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 16th 11, 01:11 PM Posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,comp.os.linux.setup,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 69
Posted By chrisv
WinTroll throws away perfectly good computer that will run Linux (was: Pentium II)

JeffM wrote:

Chris wrote:
[...]only 48 MB ram

Not a problem--if you're *really* interested in Linux
--unlike the stupid WinTroll.

Come on, now. The computer described was obsolete. Get...
Forum: Storage (alternative) December 1st 10, 08:40 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 41
Posted By chrisv
How big is the ocean; how big is my drive?

John Turco wrote:

You know what, however? It seems almost everybody has abandoned
this newsgroup, lately. Several days have sometimes passed, with
NO posts, whatsoever.

[Folksy, himself,...
Forum: Dell Computers October 29th 10, 06:05 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,alt.comp.os.windows-xp,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By chrisv
AND DUMBER

"Peter" wrote in message
In article , NOPSAMmm2005
Forum: Dell Computers October 29th 10, 06:05 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,alt.comp.os.windows-xp,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By chrisv
DUMB

"John Wunderlich" wrote in message
mm wrote in
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 29th 10, 03:19 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 43
Posted By chrisv
Windows on C:, and apps on D:?

Rod Speed wrote:

chrisv wrote
Rod Speed wrote

With Win95, came the registry (which I think is a bad design),

Nope, it does get most of the config stuff in one place and makes
it...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 29th 10, 03:16 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 43
Posted By chrisv
Windows on C:, and apps on D:?

David Brown wrote:

I wonder if you'll ever learn what words like "pathological" and "liar"
actually mean?

Maybe Ron's shrink called him that, so he now thinks it's a great
insult, even if it's...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 25th 10, 06:12 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 43
Posted By chrisv
Windows on C:, and apps on D:?

Ron Speed wrote:

With Win95, came the registry (which I think is a bad design),

Nope, it does get most of the config stuff in one place and makes
it easy to backup the config detail and to...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500