Showing results 1 to 25 of 51
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Gernot Hassenpflug
Forum: Printers September 17th 14, 03:07 AM Posted to comp.mobile.ipad,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 2
Posted By Gernot Hassenpflug
What's the trick to get the iPad to print to the HP OfficeJet J4680c?

nospam writes:

In article , Shlomo Baumgard
wrote:

/../

On the one hand, on Windows/Linux/Mac, each *printer* has...
Forum: Printers August 18th 14, 03:48 AM Posted to comp.os.ms-windows.networking.misc,comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printer
Replies: 20
Posted By Gernot Hassenpflug
Do any of these printers work with Windows 2000?

"Guv Bob" writes:

"Frank Williams" wrote in message ...
On Sun, 29 Dec 2013 14:44:54...
Forum: Printers June 23rd 14, 02:49 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 11
Posted By Gernot Hassenpflug
The last word

"Jonathan L. Parker" writes:

I really doubt this will be of interest to many; there probably aren't
a lot more BJC-50s or BJC-85s still out there. Just...
Forum: Printers May 23rd 14, 02:25 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 6
Posted By Gernot Hassenpflug
Canon 490 Mechanical Alignment

Ditto what Jeff posted.
I've usually had to take the printer entirely apart to get the inkpad
out---which is indeed at the bottom, underneath the rear paper tray in
the innards of the device.
I've...
Forum: Printers February 27th 14, 03:59 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 11
Posted By Gernot Hassenpflug
Canon BJC-50-Not Working With Gutenprint in OS X 10.6.8 Anymore (Fixed-sort of)

"Jonathan L. Parker" writes:

On 2/26/14 9:33 AM, Gernot Hassenpflug wrote:

Hi Jonathan,

That should already be a lot of information there in the 3rd...
Forum: Printers February 26th 14, 04:33 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 11
Posted By Gernot Hassenpflug
Canon BJC-50-Not Working With Gutenprint in OS X 10.6.8 Anymore (Fixed-sort of)

"Jonathan L. Parker" writes:

On 2/25/14 8:52 PM, Gernot Hassenpflug wrote:

"Worked": does that mean it printed in color also?
Yes. It works just...
Forum: Printers February 26th 14, 03:52 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 11
Posted By Gernot Hassenpflug
Canon BJC-50-Not Working With Gutenprint in OS X 10.6.8 Anymore (Fixed-sort of)

"Jonathan L. Parker" writes:

On 2/24/14 1:34 AM, Gernot Hassenpflug wrote
Hi Jonathan,

Since I'm the maintainer of the gutenprint Canon backend,...
Forum: Printers February 24th 14, 08:34 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 11
Posted By Gernot Hassenpflug
Canon BJC-50-Not Working With Gutenprint in OS X 10.6.8 Anymore (Fixed-sort of)

"Jonathan L. Parker" writes:

On 2/17/14 8:10 PM, Gernot Hassenpflug wrote:
"Jonathan L. Parker" writes:

Forum: Printers February 18th 14, 03:10 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 11
Posted By Gernot Hassenpflug
Canon BJC-50-Not Working With Gutenprint in OS X 10.6.8 Anymore

"Jonathan L. Parker" writes:

Had worked passably (slow and used too much ink but print quality was
OK) for most of the past seven years on a MacBook Pro...
Forum: Printers January 1st 14, 02:54 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 21
Posted By Gernot Hassenpflug
http://www.ahttp://www.amazon.com/Sublimation-8-5x11-sheets-sublimation-transfer/dp/B00BQDHBQQmazon.com/Sublimation-8-5x11-sheets-sublimation-transfer/dp/B00BQDHBQQ

Mort writes:

Gernot Hassenpflug wrote:
PS no worries about the German grammar. And Dutch people laugh at my
Afrikaans (heck even Afrikaans people laugh at my...
Forum: Printers December 29th 13, 04:08 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 21
Posted By Gernot Hassenpflug
Any dye-sublimation photo paper sources?

"Yianni" writes:

I was hoping for some practical experience from someone, but I suppose I
can try to find some "coated paper" and see if that works on a test
printer...
Forum: Printers December 29th 13, 04:06 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 21
Posted By Gernot Hassenpflug
http://www.ahttp://www.amazon.com/Sublimation-8-5x11-sheets-sublimation-transfer/dp/B00BQDHBQQmazon.com/Sublimation-8-5x11-sheets-sublimation-transfer/dp/B00BQDHBQQ

Mort writes:

Hi,

Try this URL, and good luck.

Thanks Mort,
Unfortunately, this is media for *transfer* rather than final photo: so
the ink is transferred to the final media...
Forum: Printers December 28th 13, 05:22 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 21
Posted By Gernot Hassenpflug
Any dye-sublimation photo paper sources?

Mort writes:

Gernot Hassenpflug wrote:
Mort writes:

Gernot Hassenpflug wrote:
Hello Mort,

I have spent*weeks* searching online, in...
Forum: Printers December 27th 13, 01:27 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 21
Posted By Gernot Hassenpflug
Any dye-sublimation photo paper sources?

"Yianni" writes:

I do buy the ALPS photo postcard media, but I am looking for
normal-sized photo media (in Japan this is L size, I suppose in the
rest
of...
Forum: Printers December 26th 13, 05:17 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 21
Posted By Gernot Hassenpflug
Any dye-sublimation photo paper sources?

Mort writes:

Gernot Hassenpflug wrote:
Hello Mort,

I have spent*weeks* searching online, in both English and Japanese, with
absolutely no luck whatsoever on Google,...
Forum: Printers December 26th 13, 03:49 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 21
Posted By Gernot Hassenpflug
Any dye-sublimation photo paper sources?

Frank Williams writes:

On Wed, 25 Dec 2013 18:39:20 -0500, Fred McKenzie wrote:

In article ,
Gernot Hassenpflug...
Forum: Printers December 26th 13, 02:33 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 21
Posted By Gernot Hassenpflug
Any dye-sublimation photo paper sources?

Fred McKenzie writes:

In article ,
Gernot Hassenpflug wrote:

Hi, and a Merry Christmas to all.

I'm working...
Forum: Printers December 25th 13, 05:07 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 21

Mort writes:

Gernot Hassenpflug wrote:
Hi, and a Merry Christmas to all.

The same to you.

I did a Google search,and found dozens of possible sources for your
paper...
Forum: Scanners March 24th 12, 06:37 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners
Replies: 2
Posted By Gernot Hassenpflug
In praise of VMWare and Linux for USB scanner support under Windows

"Noons" == Noons writes:

Noons On Mar 21, 8:30*pm, "David WE Roberts" wrote:

So for thise with W7 or Vista and an old...
Forum: Printers February 16th 12, 02:29 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 4
Posted By Gernot Hassenpflug
Here's an annoying one!

myfathersson writes:

On Feb 14, 9:23Â*pm, Gernot Hassenpflug wrote:
myfathersson writes:

The point being...
Forum: Printers February 15th 12, 03:23 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 4
Posted By Gernot Hassenpflug
Here's an annoying one!

myfathersson writes:

Was given an MX850 recently and was wondering about replacing my MP500
(the MP500 has an annoying habit of slowly but steadily emptying its
Forum: Printers January 24th 12, 05:56 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 2
Posted By Gernot Hassenpflug
Canon I550 questions

Richard Steinfeld writes:

My son was given a Canon I550 inkjet printer, a few black cartridges,
and a set of black and color cartridges inside the printer....
Forum: Printers January 19th 12, 02:42 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 18
Posted By Gernot Hassenpflug
can I refill my ink jet cartridge with water or alcohol?

Stan writes:

My work provided a color printer for me. They will pay for black ink
ONLY. The problem is although I only print with black ink, it still
uses the color...
Forum: Printers December 28th 11, 02:15 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 16
Posted By Gernot Hassenpflug
BLACK too dark...

I would just like to note that the linux/MacOSX driver *can* be compiled/installed
on Windows, so the OP could definitely get the tuning he wants for his
black ink printing. It is available as a...
Forum: Printers December 21st 11, 04:21 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 16
Posted By Gernot Hassenpflug
BLACK too dark...

Joel writes: