Showing results 1 to 25 of 43
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Forum: Packard Bell Computers December 25th 10, 10:54 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Happy Holidays to All

Hey - -

Here's hoping that everyone here has a great holiday season
this Winter. Here's hoping too that 2011 arrives and that each
participant here enjoys health, success and good...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers March 12th 09, 08:44 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Power Supply requirements

Hi

I'm working with an older P1, 233 mhz, Orlando motherboard,
Packard Bell (corner unit). I'm needing to swap out the power supply
and get it repaired as it has died. Because of the design of...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers February 22nd 09, 11:41 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Where has Priority One / Alorica gone ?

Hi

Yes, thanks Metro. I knew enough to try the Internet Wayback
Machine. That took me to the old home page of Priority One. It did not
allow me to go any further. : (

Bill
Forum: Packard Bell Computers February 19th 09, 12:13 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
PackardBell Legend 822CDT and IDE disk sizes?

Hi

Ben is right. My old PB , with the old 680 Orlando MB had a
limit of 8.4 too. With the WD software, (I think it is called Easy
tools or something like that ) does work. My old PB with the...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers February 16th 09, 11:34 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Where has Priority One / Alorica gone ?

Hi all

Does anyone have the web addy for Priority One Alorica.? I
used to be able to go there and get files for older PB computers.
Can't seem to find it. Wondering if it went the way of...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers July 17th 08, 09:32 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
GET RID OF MR. BIOS

Hi Bob

I've been watching this post with interest as I am faced with
the same situation. I did the Mr. BIOS bios upgrade on not one but two
of the 4 68x Orlando boards I have... the ones with...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers July 13th 08, 03:40 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
PCI slot versions ( hey Bill ! )

On My experience with PCI cards and Pacvkard Bell:
On my old Corner unit with the 68x motherboard I installed a
Linksys Ethernrt PCI . When I called my ISP, BellSouth they told me to
upgrade...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers July 12th 08, 12:24 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
PB Win98se USB version 1 to 2 upgrade question.

Hi

Not to change the focus here,...I am cerrtain Metro will get
you the answer once he gets your model number and or serial number,
but regarding Windows 98, how do you tell if the version...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers July 11th 08, 01:19 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Public Thank you to Metronid

Hi all

I have to agree with Bob. Thanks Metro You have helped out many
here at the board. Speaking for myself, for instance, Metro helped me
get a copy of an old PB program that had eluded me...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers July 5th 08, 01:14 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
'cornering the Internet, OEM OS style

Bob

i'm surprised that more stuff, like the Arcade and a thing like
Kidspace or zone and the other PB proprietary stuff did not load.
That is all part of the PB 98 install. It may be...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers July 5th 08, 12:30 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
'cornering the Internet, OEM OS style

Hi Bob

Great read Bob!! I forgot that you had a second corner unit.
Pretty slick with that Win 98 cd from Packard Bell. I have two of
those myself. One has the background as you describe....
Forum: Packard Bell Computers June 24th 08, 07:01 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Correction

Hi Bob

To answer your question, from my experience the PB restore CD
only works with a PB system. Now, with regard to being specific to "a
particuilar motherboasrd", that has not been my...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers June 24th 08, 01:45 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
BILL -Check Master CD

Hi

Here are the CD numbers that I have. I have posted this before.
Let me know which one you all think it might be. The CD's are stored
away right now. I will pull the one(s) that you all...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers June 23rd 08, 12:06 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
BILL -Check Master CD

Hi Metro

Will do. I will go through those that pre-date the one you
listed. Will get back to forum by tomorrow AM .
Forum: Packard Bell Computers May 27th 08, 11:04 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
3d SRS

More old PB tech. stuff. Does anyone know how to enable or get the 3d
SRS sound feature working on a PB computer. It was working, then a
restore was done and now it's not. It can be enabled by the...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers May 14th 08, 10:25 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
the old Comm Central program

Hey

It runs under Win 98 ....even Win Me ...if you do the upgrade
from Win 95 with CCentral already present. . It's the Sound4
soundmodem that can be a bit difficult. OK just thought I'd...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers May 13th 08, 06:15 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
the old Comm Central program

Hey

I know ....Comm Central is an old program that is Win 95 based,
but does anyone have or know where I can get a copy of the latest
version; I believe that it is version 1.7.27 or 1.7.63 . I...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers May 10th 08, 11:24 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
PB Restore cds

Bill
Do you have one with win 98FE any where in your collection? The
markings on
the cd are MS# X03-94299 and 368-00001-000. This one is 3/4 red
color
wrote in message

Forum: Packard Bell Computers May 9th 08, 10:53 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
PB Restore cds

I will send the CD

Bill
Forum: Packard Bell Computers May 9th 08, 10:48 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
PB Restore cds

I know that 170210 is applicable
so using silly logic 170214 is probably also
For the sake of better logic
Explore the CD
Should have these...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers May 9th 08, 11:13 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
PB Restore cds

Hey

If you can figure out which one from the list is applicable for you
just let me know and I'll get it off to you.

Bill

M-CD # color
Forum: Packard Bell Computers April 29th 08, 12:55 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Modify win95 A to B

Hey

That Master CD number is 175340-00. I have restore diskette but it
is one, I foget which, that I had to download from the net.

Bill
Forum: Packard Bell Computers April 27th 08, 02:09 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Modify win95 A to B

Hey

I don't know how to do what you ask but I have had success
with USB and Win 95. I recently used a PB restore CD and diskette I
had acquired and I am led to believe that it is one of the...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers March 2nd 08, 07:28 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
sys credentials

Yes

The way I have always understood it, Packard Berll shipped
their computers with the hard drives having the system credentials
written to the zero sector of the hard drive. This way when...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers February 11th 08, 11:54 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
creating the restore diskette

Hi

I guess, more than one then had a hand in this. Actually Metro
did all the work. Thanks again Metro. He directed me to which of the
"floppy" files to copy and send him. He had the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 43