Showing results 1 to 25 of 202
Search took 5.36 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Timothy Daniels[_4_]
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 29th 13, 02:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Software for USB Drives

"David" wrote in message ...
At Mon, 28 Oct 2013 17:09:35 -0700, Timothy Daniels rearranged some
electrons to write:

"Michael Black"...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 29th 13, 12:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Software for USB Drives

"Michael Black" asked:
wrote:

Are there many free applications that can be installed on a USB flash
drives instead of the PCs they're connected to? I can't seem...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 10th 13, 04:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 14
Can somebody really buy a modern multi-core PC running 64 bit Windows with 32 GB RAM and use it only for email? (a troll question)

"Paul" replied:
Timothy Daniels wrote:

"Paul" wrote:
Yes. You can do that in Windows, restrict the amount of
physical RAM used. Things like /MAXMEM in boot.ini.

In bcdedit,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 9th 13, 06:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
No sound when playing u-tube

"Paul" wrote:
Timothy Daniels wrote:

"Nil" wrote:
"Mike" wrote:

"Nil" wrote:

I noticed that a couple of days ago, too, that youtube videos
were all starting off...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 9th 13, 06:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

"Paul" wrote:
Yes. You can do that in Windows, restrict the amount of
physical RAM used. Things like /MAXMEM in boot.ini.

In bcdedit, it's truncatememory.

Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 7th 13, 10:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
No sound when playing u-tube

"Nil" wrote in message
On 06 Oct 2013, "Mike" wrote in
alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt:

Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 6th 13, 06:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
No sound when playing u-tube

"Desmond" wrote:
Desmond wrote:
Hi This is strange.

I have a sound card creative audagy live 24. I have installed the drivers.
I can listen to a music CD. I can even listen to an MP3...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 6th 13, 07:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
copper shim on laptop system chip

"SC Tom" wrote in message ...

"Timothy Daniels" wrote in message
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 6th 13, 09:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
copper shim on laptop system chip

"Timothy Daniels" wrote:
I'm putting a different motherboard in my XPS M1330 -
the motherboard WITHOUT the discrete nVidia graphics
chip. I find that there is about a 1.6mm gap between
the...
Forum: Dell Computers September 6th 13, 09:39 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
copper shim vs. thermal pad

"Timothy Daniels" asked:
I'm putting a different motherboard in my XPS M1330 -
the motherboard without the discrete nVidia graphics
chip. I find that there is about a 1.6mm gap between
the...
Forum: Dell Computers September 6th 13, 09:15 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
cabled CMOS battery

"Mark F" wrote:
"Timothy Daniels" wrote:

"Ben Myers" wrote:
On Wednesday, September 4, 2013 9:59:02 PM UTC-4, Timothy Daniels wrote:
"Ben Myers" replied:

Timothy...
Forum: Dell Computers September 6th 13, 12:12 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
cabled CMOS battery

"Steve W." wrote in message ...
Ben Myers wrote:

Thanks for the link to CMOSbatteries.com. I'll use them if my
attempt with a...
Forum: Dell Computers September 6th 13, 12:08 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
cabled CMOS battery

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
On Wednesday, September 4, 2013 9:59:02 PM UTC-4, Timothy Daniels wrote:
"Ben...
Forum: Dell Computers September 5th 13, 02:59 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
cabled CMOS battery

"Ben Myers" replied:
Timothy Daniels wrote:
"Ben Myers" advised:
Timothy Daniels wrote:
My XPS M1330 has a CMOS battery consisting of
a "coin" battery gripped by a vinyl sleeve...
Forum: Dell Computers September 4th 13, 07:18 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
cabled CMOS battery

"Ben Myers" advised:
Timothy Daniels wrote:
My XPS M1330 has a CMOS battery consisting of
a "coin" battery gripped by a vinyl sleeve and
connected to 3 wires which terminate in a small
Forum: Dell Computers August 31st 13, 07:40 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
copper shim vs. thermal pad

"Larry" wrote:
Just checked on it myself...all pennies 1982 and before are 95% copper...just a thought.

Some were. The rest, and all since 1983, are 97.5% zinc.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 31st 13, 07:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
copper shim on laptop system chip

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote:
Timothy Daniels escribió:

It is illegal for me to deface or destroy U.S. currency

Doer God, no one is going to give a **** about you...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 30th 13, 10:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
copper shim on laptop system chip

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote:
Timothy Daniels escribió:

[ . . . ]

1.6mm seems a large gap for a TIM pad to fill. Perhaps you could polish
a copper penny to a smooth bright surface on both sides...
Forum: Dell Computers August 30th 13, 10:44 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
copper shim vs. thermal pad

"Happy Oyster" -*-*.@.*-*- wrote:
"Timothy Daniels" wrote:

I'm putting a different motherboard in my XPS M1330 -
the motherboard without the discrete nVidia graphics
chip. I find that...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 30th 13, 06:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
copper shim on laptop system chip

"Flasherly" wrote in message ...
On Thu, 29 Aug 2013 14:03:12 -0700, "Timothy Daniels"
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 30th 13, 06:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
copper shim on laptop system chip

"Mike Tomlinson" inscribed:
Timothy Daniels escribió:

I'm going with a motherboard WITHOUT the
discrete graphic chip,

so how are you going to get video out?

The Intel system chip...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 30th 13, 04:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

"SC Tom" wrote in message ...

"Timothy Daniels" wrote in message
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 30th 13, 03:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
copper shim on laptop system chip

"Paul" advised:
Timothy Daniels wrote:
I'm putting a different motherboard in my XPS M1330 -
the motherboard WITHOUT the discrete nVidia graphics
chip. I find that there is about a 1.6mm...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 29th 13, 10:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
replace CMOS battery in cabled vinyl sleeve

My XPS M1330 has a CMOS battery consisting of
a "coin" battery gripped by a vinyl sleeve and
connected to 3 wires which terminate in a small
plug. Dell no longer stocks the item (part no....
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 29th 13, 10:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
copper shim on laptop system chip

I'm putting a different motherboard in my XPS M1330 -
the motherboard WITHOUT the discrete nVidia graphics
chip. I find that there is about a 1.6mm gap between
the Intel system chip and the heat...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 202