HardwareBanter

-   Dell Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Dell SmartStep 200N NOTEBOOK - When I plug the AC Adapter into the notebook, the screen fades to dark. (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=64177)

The Truth November 19th 04 02:30 PM

Dell SmartStep 200N NOTEBOOK - When I plug the AC Adapter into the notebook, the screen fades to dark.

Hi,

I have a Dell SmartStep 200N NOTEBOOK - Windows XP Pro

When I plug the AC Adapter (9t458) into the notebook, the screen
fades to very dark (not black). I can still be some images on the
screen, it doesn't go 100% black.

When I discconect the AC adapter from the notebook, the screen is
perfect.

Could some component inside the notebook cause the adapter to
malfunction?

Should I replace the adapter?

JLA ENTERPRISES TECHNOLOGIES INTEGRATION November 20th 04 01:38 PM

There are recalls on some of the AC adapters that Dell has put out. You
might want to find out if yours is one of them.

--
JLA ENTERPRISES TECHNOLOGIES INTEGRATION
Technical Support Team

Visit our forums for FREE technical support at
http://jlaenterprises.ath.cx/phpbb2/index.php

Check out some of the items we are offering
Dell Laptop Docking Stations starting at $5.00
Dell 20" Sony Trinitron Flat Screen Monitors starting at $35.00
Dell 21" Flat Screen Monitors starting at $40.00
Dell Latitude and Inspiron CD Rom and Floppy Drives starting at $5.00

Be sure to visit http://www.jlaenterprises.com

Notan November 20th 04 04:12 PM

JLA ENTERPRISES TECHNOLOGIES INTEGRATION wrote:

There are recalls on some of the AC adapters that Dell has put out. You
might want to find out if yours is one of them.

--
JLA ENTERPRISES TECHNOLOGIES INTEGRATION
Technical Support Team

snip

Y'know, JLA, while your input is welcomed, your
advertising signature smells alot like SPAM.

Notan