HardwareBanter

-   Homebuilt PC's (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Low profile PCMCIA card (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=21748)

Doug Wells October 29th 04 08:29 PM

Low profile PCMCIA card

Hi -
I want to find a low profile PCMCIA USB 2.0 card for my laptop. I
always have a wireless card in one slot, and I'd like to have a USB
card in the other. Problem is that USB cards are notoriously thick. Is
there a card that is low profile, maybe even with a cable to a USB hub?

Thanks
Doug

Hamman October 29th 04 09:41 PM

"Doug Wells" wrote in message
Hi -
I want to find a low profile PCMCIA USB 2.0 card for my laptop. I
always have a wireless card in one slot, and I'd like to have a USB
card in the other. Problem is that USB cards are notoriously thick. Is
there a card that is low profile, maybe even with a cable to a USB hub?

Thanks
Doug

Just look for any one with a dongle, the actualy card interface should be
thinner that way, although its not so great for portability.

hamman