HardwareBanter

-   Storage & Hardrives (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   LSI E2400 - Anyone with experience of these? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=119089)

1000101011 February 3rd 06 11:45 AM

LSI E2400 - Anyone with experience of these?

Hi all

A quick question before I continue, has anyone here had any experience
with setting up/administering LSI Logic E2400 Metastor storage arrays?

I have a performance issue with a setup here which I have been battling
against for sometime now (its a fully live environment).

Setup is:

2xSun Fire 3800's (2xDual Channel LSI Logic HBA's)
2xLSI Logic E2400 Metastor storage arrays (each with 14x15k rpm seagate
drives).
1GB FC-AL

I would really appreciate a reply if someone knows anything about these
arrays and has experience of what kind of performance I should be
expecting.

Thanks all