HardwareBanter

-   Overclocking AMD Processors (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   A8V DeLuxe (4800+ @ PR5009) (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=147845)

M.A.Rauder March 17th 07 01:56 PM

A8V DeLuxe (4800+ @ PR5009)

A8V DeLuxe Bios Settings (AMD4800+)
SiSoft Sandra Processor Performance Rating: PR5009 (estimated)

----------
Hypertransport 1000
- HT Data 16
- HT Data 16

Memory Configuration
-----------------------
Memlock Limit
Memlock to CPU 5:3 (333)
Hw Memory hole disabled
Burst Lenght 8 beats
- All the Rest auto

ECC disabled
Cool & Quiet enabled

PCI/PnP Settings
-----------------
Plug and Play O/S Yes
PCI Latency timer 64

Config System Frequency/Voltage
----------------------------------
AI Overclocking Manual
CPU FSB Frequency 232 MHz
AGP/PCI Frequency 66,66/33,33
DDR Voltage 2,7
AGP Voltage 1,5
V-Link Voltage 2,5

Power-Hardware Monitor
- CPU Q-Fan enabled 11/16
- Chassis Q-Fan enabled 11/16

I use bios 1018.001
I run on this board w 4800x2 and XP pro.
When I put 4x1GB in the slots, i can't post
because of this warning:
"USB Device over current status Detected!
System will shutdown over 15 seconds"
And indeed it schuts off, so I can't go in the
bios to alter the settings with this ram amount.

When I put 2x1024 in 1 and 3, and 2x512 in
2 and 4, then I got 3GB of ram, and it works
normally tested with DDR400@3-3-3-8 CR2

(10-1 pin FP_AUDIO)
Don't forget to have the 2 jumpers on the
audioconnector on the mainboard if you
don't use a frontpanel audio connection.
This can be a source of instability.

Overclocking or not, this learns a lot (Dutch):
http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/...ssages/1050603

If you get blue screens with:
"Driver IRQL not Less or Equal" then there is a patch
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929338

Paul March 18th 07 08:38 AM

A8V DeLuxe (4800+ @ PR5009)

M.A.Rauder wrote:
[...]

To fix the "USB Device over current" problem, use an earlier
BIOS if possible. And report the problem to Asus. You do not
need to tell them what OS you are using, and the fewer unnecessary
details, the more likely they will take the report seriously.
At the very least, do not use the word "Vista" anywhere in
your report to Asus Tech Support.

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?...Language=en-us

Paul