HardwareBanter

-   Homebuilt PC's (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   firewire front panel connector (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=14797)

LiveWire July 2nd 03 03:52 AM

firewire front panel connector

I have this case that has a standard 6-pin firewire jack on the front
panel of the case. There is a cable that connects the firewire jack to
a 6-pin header. I just bought a firewire card with 3 external ports
and one internal port. All 4 ports terminate in the standard 6-pin jack.

The cable is meant to connect to a firewire header usually found on a
motherboard such as an Asus A7N8X Deluxe.

If you use an Antec case, look for my reply in the 'Antec Sonata front panel
ports' thread which will direct you to a possible solution that worked for
me. Not quite sure if it will work with other case brands due to the header
pin orientation.

--
LiveWire

Adrian July 2nd 03 05:31 AM

Out of interest Craig, what make and model of firewire card did you buy? I
am/was looking for one with an internal port myself.

~ Adrian ~

jimmy July 11th 03 04:41 PM

I did it by replacing the cable header with a 928K-ND firewire connector plug
from Digi-Key. This requires some careful soldering.

Craig M wrote:

Hey guys, I may be thick today and hope some of you can help me.

I have this case that has a standard 6-pin firewire jack on the front
panel of the case. There is a cable that connects the firewire jack to
a 6-pin header. I just bought a firewire card with 3 external ports
and one internal port. All 4 ports terminate in the standard 6-pin jack.

I may be missing something obvious, but how do I connect the front panel
to the internal port using the supplied cable?