HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   WIndows Root\system32\hal.dll (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=120601)

Nasa Researcher February 20th 06 09:43 PM

WIndows Root\system32\hal.dll

I need help with this problem of mine for the pass 3 days.First I tried
to re-install windows but persists, then I tryed re-installing the file
by going to the recovery console no success. I've tried every possible
way! I tried to delete boot.ini by doing Del C:\Boot.ini but says access
is denied and I dont know the password. Then I tried typing Bootcfg
/rebuild and then put Microsoft Windows XP Professional, then put
/fastdetect, I then restarted the computer to see if it worked but no
success. Then I tried to expand the file from the cd by typing: Expand
D:\i386\hal.dl_ C:\windows\system32\hal.dll, then it said unable to
create file 0 file(s) expanded. Then I tryed using another computer's
Hal.dll file with the same OS (Windows XP Pro) by copying and pasting
it, restarted and re-installed it but still no success. PLEASE SOME ONE
GIVE ME A HAND SO I CAN SOLVE THIS PROBLEM!!!.

Titus Francoeur