HardwareBanter

-   -   Gateway driver for NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS 32MB (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=52329)

Mark A December 16th 03 03:19 AM

Gateway driver for NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS 32MB

I am using the Gateway supplied driver for NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS 32MB
(5.3.2.0). When I use the NVIDIA drivers (I have tried several or the last
few years) the monitor does not go into full sleep mode when the computer
goes into sleep mode. I have tried different monitors and same thing
happens. If anyone has a solution for this, please let me know.

Since I am apparently stuck using the Gateway driver, I cannot select 1152 x
864 resolution like I can on the NVIDIA driver, even though the Gateway
drivers supports much higher resolutions. Can I just go into the inf file
and add the 1152 x 864 resolution using a text editor?

Mark A December 18th 03 02:56 AM

"Mark A" wrote in message
I am using the Gateway supplied driver for NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS 32MB
(5.3.2.0). When I use the NVIDIA drivers (I have tried several or the last
few years) the monitor does not go into full sleep mode when the computer
goes into sleep mode. I have tried different monitors and same thing
happens. If anyone has a solution for this, please let me know.

Since I am apparently stuck using the Gateway driver, I cannot select 1152

864 resolution like I can on the NVIDIA driver, even though the Gateway
drivers supports much higher resolutions. Can I just go into the inf file
and add the 1152 x 864 resolution using a text editor, and then re-install

the
driver with the new inf file?

Doesn't anyone know the answer to either of these two questions?

I searched the google archives and could not find an answer.

Mark A December 20th 03 07:23 AM

"Mark A" wrote in message
[...]

I have resolved the problem. I went to
http://whitebunny.demon.nl/hardware/chipset_nvidia.html (which was posted
recently) and downloaded the latest bios for my video card and now the sleep
function works with the new NVIDIA drivers.