HardwareBanter

-   Asus Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   P4C800-E Current Hardware Revision? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=29327)

Chuck November 29th 03 12:37 AM

P4C800-E Current Hardware Revision?

I bought my P4C800-E from Newegg last week ... Rev 2.0 & BIOS 1011. Haven't
needed to RMA it yet, fingers crossed.

"Steve Sr." wrote in message
Do any of you know what the current hardware version of this
motherboard is for the U.S.?

I sent the original (brand new but defective) back to Newegg on an
RMA. This one arrived with 1010 BIOS and what I thought I remembered
as hardware Rev 2.0

The "new" RMA replacement arrived with a BIOS of 1008 and a hardware
rev of 1.02 which appears to be older.

The serial numbers also seem to bear this out. The original MB had SN
37MG104107. The replacement had a squential number about 1/4 of this
at 37ZG024889.

So is Newegg sending out old stock for RMAs?

Thanks,

Steve

Z Man November 30th 03 04:30 PM

I am very surprised that Newegg would to this. They are generally very
reasonable about RMA's. A few months ago, I returned a CPU on which I had
carelessly bent the pins. They noted the damage, but replaced the CPU anyhow
and didn't even charge me for shipping. You should try to get in touch with
a supervisor there. You will probably get satisfaction.

"Steve Sr." wrote in message
Those dirty rotten *******s! They tried to pull a fast one! Buy a
current revision board and it's DOA then they RMA you one thats close
to 6 months old!

At this rate it will be almost 3 months to get a working PC! All of
the parts were ordered at the end of September. Anybody have any
suggestions for dealing with Newegg on this. Too bad I can't get up
close and personal with these idiots!

Steve

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 16:37:58 -0800, "Chuck"
wrote:

I bought my P4C800-E from Newegg last week ... Rev 2.0 & BIOS 1011.

Haven't
needed to RMA it yet, fingers crossed.

.. .

Name December 2nd 03 03:11 AM

Done a lot of purchasing and RMA's with them and never had an issue. Did
you tell anyone what happened yet? Probably a coincidence and I'll bet they
resolve it. Just my .02, I usually offer props for the vendors that work
well for me - I have no other interest than to continue seeing good service
available for myself...

et...

wrote:

I bought my P4C800-E from Newegg last week ... Rev 2.0 & BIOS 1011.

Haven't
needed to RMA it yet, fingers crossed.

.. .