HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   DELL Upgrade problem (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=217)

Claus Christensen July 4th 03 07:55 PM

DELL Upgrade problem

Hi all.
A good friend of mine was given a DELL system for christmas by his parents
last year. Now it is about time to do a little upgrading. But when i try to
put a GF2GTS AGP in it, it doesnt fit in the slot. Do we need some kind of
adapter to make it fit and if so where do i get it? Is it at all possible to
upgrade without going through DELL?
TIA

kony July 5th 03 12:11 AM

On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 18:55:46 GMT, "Claus Christensen"
wrote:

Hi all.
A good friend of mine was given a DELL system for christmas by his parents
last year. Now it is about time to do a little upgrading. But when i try to
put a GF2GTS AGP in it, it doesnt fit in the slot. Do we need some kind of
adapter to make it fit and if so where do i get it? Is it at all possible to
upgrade without going through DELL?
TIA

More info about the system might've helped, but are you sure it has an
AGP slot? If so, see these pics, tell which one it is:
http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1182&p=5

Dave

MiniDisc_2k2 July 5th 03 02:01 AM

If you're sure it's an AGP card and an AGP slot (note PCI cards and slots
look VERY similar),then it's probably not the right speed. 2x, 4x, and 8x
cards have different notches on the cards to distinguish themselves. AFAIK,
the card will not fit if your motherboard does not run at that speed.

--
MiniDisc_2k2
To reply, replace nospam.com with cox dot net.