HardwareBanter

-   UK Computer Vendors (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   zebracomputers - spammers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=125765)

peter April 25th 06 04:19 PM

zebracomputers - spammers

Following on from the 'has 7 software sold my email' thread...

- I contacted zebracomputers to ask how I came to be on their spamming
list
- They replied with: 'We purchase our data from a number of source's
around the UK'
- I replied with: 'Could you please tell me from whom you purchased
the list containing my details, as I have never given my permission for
my data to be sold in this way'
- They replied with: 'We cannot disclose this information'

So they claim that my details were on a list that they bought but they
won't tell me who from. I've asked the Information Commissioner to
follow up.

It always amazes me how stupid these business owners are to imagine
that they will generate anything but negative exposure for their
businesses by spamming.

Carl May 18th 06 07:35 AM

zebracomputers - spammers

under section seven of the data protection act you have the right to ask
about info about you. you should go see a solicitor, to see if you can get a
few quid......