HardwareBanter

-   Storage & Hardrives (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Netapp factory settings (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=67480)

Paul February 20th 04 08:23 PM

Netapp factory settings

For the life of me, I can't remember what the command is to revert a netapp
filer to factory settings. I think it's a diag level (priv set diag)
command.

Anyone here know?

TIA,
--paul

Paul February 20th 04 11:00 PM

For the life of me, I can't remember what the command is to revert a
netapp
filer to factory settings. I think it's a diag level (priv set diag)
command.

found it:
priv set advanced
halt -c factory

Faeandar February 20th 04 11:04 PM

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 17:00:02 -0500, "Paul"
wrote:

For the life of me, I can't remember what the command is to revert a

netapp
filer to factory settings. I think it's a diag level (priv set diag)
command.

found it:
priv set advanced
halt -c factory

How badly do you have to hork a filer to want to put it back to
factory defaults? :-]

~F

Paul February 21st 04 03:15 AM

Sometimes I find myself doing little lesson type sessions for various folks,
and I want to be able to reset the thing so it looks brand new after each
session. It's a lot faster than netbooting...

Jesper Monsted February 29th 04 11:48 AM

Faeandar wrote in
:
How badly do you have to hork a filer to want to put it back to
factory defaults? :-]

How about "I sold it"? :)

--
/Jesper Monsted