HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   About to install new HD. (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=57894)

Ken Knecht August 4th 03 06:00 PM

About to install new HD.

I plan to install a new Maxtor 80G HD as a second drive in my
Compaq Presario 5000T Tuesday afternoon. I plan to use the Maxtor
install software that came with the drive since my Partition
Magic is long out of date - I hope I can use it to make multiple
partitions.

Anything I should plan ahead for or watch out for?

TIA

Ken

Ken Knecht August 4th 03 06:41 PM

I just did. Thanks. Good thing you reminded me.

Ken

"HH" wrote in
:

Check the FAQ about jumpering the new drive.
HH

.202...

Ken Knecht August 5th 03 06:07 PM

I just checked "maxblast3" with Google and the download site says
it does do partitions, so I should be all set.

BTW, I'm running XP Home. I forgot to mention this in my original
message.

Ken

"Jack H" wrote in
ink.net:

Call Maxtor at 1-800-262-9867, for exact steps and
capabilities.

.202...