HardwareBanter

-   Homebuilt PC's (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   My OmniKey/ULTRA keyboard: spacebar partly broken (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=18383)

Roger Fulton December 26th 03 09:31 PM

My OmniKey/ULTRA keyboard: spacebar partly broken

I am the original owner of an OmniKey/ULTRA keyboard. I have
cherished this keyboard over many years, but today I did
something very stupid with it.

One of my family members likes to eat when at the computer, and
they lodged some peanut butter between the spacebar and the "n"
key, which was causing the "n" key to occasionally stick down.
So, I easily removed and cleaned the "n" key, and then, with my
dumb 49-year-old memory, thought to myself, "Now, I'm *sure* I've
removed the spacebar before, and that it comes off just like the
other keys." So, I proceeded to apply moderate pressure to the
spacebar with my keycap remover. The spacebar didn't come up, but
I sure did accomplish a major problem! The spacebar now only
works when hit in the middle or on the right side; the left side
is dead.

Help! I would greatly hate getting rid of this faithful keyboard.
If there is someone out there who would tell me the PROPER way to
remove an OmniKey spacebar, perhaps I can do so and repair
whatever damage I've caused. I see there's a placed called "Lueck
Data Systems" who sells OmniKey keycaps and other keyboard parts
(or at least they did up until September 2001, the date of their
last update at
http://www.lueckdatasystems.com/en-u...rds/parts.html).

Any help will be **GREATLY** appreciated!!

!!!TIA!!!
--
Roger Fulton

Murray Eisenberg December 30th 03 05:13 AM

You may want to contact Bob Tibbetts at
http://www.northgate-keyboard-repair.com.

Roger Fulton wrote:

[...]

Murray Eisenberg

Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
University of Massachusetts 413 545-2859 (W)
710 North Pleasant Street fax 413 545-1801
Amherst, MA 01003-9305