HardwareBanter

-   Acer Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Backup battery (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=183586)

CaseOfEmergency March 20th 10 10:49 PM

Backup battery

Ever since day 1 (almost 3 years ago) my Acer 5613ZWLMi system clock has
been wrong. Acer service just tells me to go some shop and have the backup
battery replaced. Shops tell me, they would send the laptop to Acer service.
What should I do ? Can I replace it by myself ?

Han March 21st 10 03:14 PM

Backup battery

"CaseOfEmergency" wrote in
:

Ever since day 1 (almost 3 years ago) my Acer 5613ZWLMi system clock
has been wrong. Acer service just tells me to go some shop and have
the backup battery replaced. Shops tell me, they would send the laptop
to Acer service. What should I do ? Can I replace it by myself ?

On most machines you can set the clock time and date. That doesn't hold
for your machine?

I replaced the cpu in my Acer 3680. If I can do that, you should be able
to replace the battery, if it is a separate thing, rather than incorporated
into something else like the BIOS hardware. Did you google for a
repair/user manual for your machine? (I couldn't find one easily).

Most often, I thought, the CMOS battery is a flat round thing, about the
size of a US quarter. But then it may be different for your machine.

--
Best regards
Han

JohnKSmith April 25th 10 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaseOfEmergency (Post 1030780)
Ever since day 1 (almost 3 years ago) my Acer 5613ZWLMi system clock has
been wrong. Acer service just tells me to go some shop and have the backup
battery replaced. Shops tell me, they would send the laptop to Acer service.
What should I do ? Can I replace it by myself ?

Hi dude.
I am using ACER ASPIRE 5920 model Laptop since two year.Its an excellent betray backup system. Its sound system, display and configuration is excellent but i don't know, since two year i have change three time its Adaptor.
What is the process to is maintain?

computerlaptop August 6th 10 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnKSmith (Post 1033722)
Hi dude.
I am using ACER ASPIRE 5920 model Laptop since two year.Its an excellent betray backup system. Its sound system, display and configuration is excellent but i don't know, since two year i have change three time its Adaptor.
What is the process to is maintain?

He Guys
I am also using this laptop since one year.i agree with your stuff.But it maintain very easy.First you install a license version antivirus .

laplantalcon October 13th 10 10:04 AM

Backup batteries in aircraft keep all essentials running in the event of an engine power failure. Each aircraft has enough power in the backup batteries to facilitate a safe landing. The batteries keeping navigation, ELUs (emergency lighting units), emergency pressure or oxygen systems running at altitude, and radio equipment operational. Larger aircraft have control surfaces that run on these backups as well.