HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Presario 6000 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=59301)

Stephen October 18th 04 03:01 PM

Presario 6000

Hi

I have a friend who wishes to upgrade the performance of his Compaq Presario
6000 (128Mb RAM Celeron processor).

Would replacing the motherboard be a viable option? Is it possible to
replace Intel motherboards with an AMD compatible motherboard?

Any views would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Stephen

Stephen October 19th 04 12:45 PM

I just cannot find any Presario FAQ that mentions upgrades.

"HH" wrote in message
Check the Compaq FAQ.
HH

Stephen October 19th 04 01:33 PM

The best I can find from the Compaq FAQ is:

"So, generally speaking for most users, the board is NOT easily
upgradeable."

"Stephen" wrote in message
I just cannot find any Presario FAQ that mentions upgrades.

"HH" wrote in message
Check the Compaq FAQ.
HH

HH October 19th 04 08:28 PM

You found it...for the reasons stated.
HH

. ..

"Stephen" wrote in message
I just cannot find any Presario FAQ that mentions upgrades.

"HH" wrote in message
Check the Compaq FAQ.
HH