HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   HP Presario problem with installation of XP (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=181544)

mc090203195_aa November 18th 09 02:14 PM

HP Presario problem with installation of XP

I was installing windows xp on my laptop. The CD gave error and the
setup was interuprted and finshed. However the hard disk was
formatted.

Now i am trying to do new installation with another cd. As soon as the
setup starts it gives error
that 'Windows didnot found any removable hard disks' and the setup
quits.

Help me

HH[_10_] November 19th 09 01:34 PM

HP Presario problem with installation of XP

Without knowing which Compaq laptop you are referring to and what operating
system came on it, it is very difficult to offer suggestions.

HH

- Bobb - December 5th 09 12:35 AM

HP Presario problem with installation of XP

"mc090203195_aa" wrote in message
I was installing windows xp on my laptop. The CD gave error and the
setup was interuprted and finshed. However the hard disk was
formatted.

Now i am trying to do new installation with another cd. As soon as the
setup starts it gives error
that 'Windows did not found any removable hard disks' and the setup
quits.

Help me

Suspect when it was interrupted , it had NOT completely format, so drive is
in bad state.
Boot from a windows 98 floppy.
Format the hard drive .
form A:\ prompt type