HardwareBanter

-   Asus Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   A7v333 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=29581)

Stephen Reed December 9th 03 05:04 PM

A7v333

Hello,

I was asking a question before about updating my graphics card from NVIDIA
Ti 4400 to a more up to date card as it did not support the newest Direct X
9.0b and which also I suspect the card is faulty?

Anyway looking to buy the newest NVIDIA, Raedeon cards etc they have AGP
slots that are X8 and when looking at my bios on the A7V333 mobo BIOS ver.
1016 it only supports X4?

What will happen if I put a X8 card in, will it work, or will I have to try
and locate a X4 card from somewhere?

Thanks

Steve

Stephen Reed December 9th 03 06:21 PM

Thanks, Think I'll go for the 9600 Pro?

Steve
"Ed" wrote in message
On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 17:04:36 -0000, "Stephen Reed"
wrote:

Hello,

I was asking a question before about updating my graphics card from

NVIDIA
Ti 4400 to a more up to date card as it did not support the newest Direct

9.0b and which also I suspect the card is faulty?

Anyway looking to buy the newest NVIDIA, Raedeon cards etc they have AGP
slots that are X8 and when looking at my bios on the A7V333 mobo BIOS

ver.
1016 it only supports X4?

What will happen if I put a X8 card in, will it work, or will I have to

try
and locate a X4 card from somewhere?

Thanks

Steve

ATI has a nice chart for their cards here,
http://www.ati.com/support/faq/agpchart.html

Ed