HardwareBanter

-   Storage (alternative) (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   lost drive C associations (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=172281)

rick September 17th 08 02:24 AM

lost drive C associations

Earlier this year I formatted and rewrote win xp but for some reason the
main and only internal drive was assigned as C: (F:) which some software on
cd would not recognize and I never could find a good way resolve it.
I recently did a fdisk on the mbr and ended up having to a xp repair which
eliminated f and left c as the main drive but now I can't open any programs
etc as if most all software associations are lost to the main drive, does
anyone have a recommendation on getting everything to recognize c as the
main drive?

Rick

Chris[_15_] September 30th 08 03:12 AM

lost drive C associations

rick wrote:
Earlier this year I formatted and rewrote win xp but for some reason the
main and only internal drive was assigned as C: (F:) which some software
on cd would not recognize and I never could find a good way resolve it.
I recently did a fdisk on the mbr and ended up having to a xp repair
which eliminated f and left c as the main drive but now I can't open any
programs etc as if most all software associations are lost to the main
drive, does anyone have a recommendation on getting everything to
recognize c as the main drive?

Rick

Try a "repair install" (Google)