HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   HP Filler Tray for MSA 60? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=169508)

Will June 12th 08 11:59 PM

HP Filler Tray for MSA 60?

Does anyone have the HP spare number for the filler blank that goes into the
MSA 60 storage enclosure? HP support gave me 389015-001, but when I order
this I get something totally incorrect for the MSA 60...wrong size wrong
style, not hotswappable.

I downloaded the MSA 60 maintenance manual, and incredibly the document
omits any description of the filler tray.

--
Will

- Bobb - June 17th 08 02:27 PM

HP Filler for MSA 60?

"Will" wrote in message
Does anyone have the HP spare number for the filler blank that goes into
the MSA 60 storage enclosure? HP support gave me 389015-001, but when
I order this I get something totally incorrect for the MSA 60...wrong
size wrong style, not hotswappable.

I downloaded the MSA 60 maintenance manual, and incredibly the document
omits any description of the filler tray.

--
Will

I found these listed ( in MSG for ML350) -
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/su.../c00778226.pdf
*** depending on your case: *** maybe that's the issue ??
((* SFF = small Form factor LFF = Large.))
4 SATA/SAS hard drive cage, SFF 413985-001 Optional
5 SATA/SAS hard drive cage, LFF* 413986-001 Optional
6 Hard drive blank, SFF 392613-001
7 Hard drive blank, LFF* 389015-001
======
I started with a search of HP for your p/n and then compared:
First I got a hit he

Page 23 of:
http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/d.../c00807290.pdf

and he
ProLiant ML310
5 SAS hard drive blank 389015-001
====
looks like the part on page 20 of:
http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/d.../c01123001.pdf

While clicking, I got a popup to "Talk to HP" 3 times ! So after seeing
the part, I'd click there to confirm. Note the model p/n on the box itself
first, as it seems that it matters which model.