HardwareBanter

-   Gateway Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Hey Ben Myers....... (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=66597)

TR March 2nd 05 08:45 PM

Hey Ben Myers.......

Ben, I think it was you a while back that answered a question
concerning this problem I am now seeing but I can't seem to find it
so...

Before upgrading to SP2, I could type a url into IE with or without
the www. and it would try the url both ways. Now, after upgrading to
SP2, I notice that if a url is www.xxx.xxx and I type in xxx.xxx that
it will return a no such site error... same is reverse, if a url is
xxx.xxx and I type in www.xxx.xxx it will return the same error.

Is there some switch in SP2 that changed all this that I can reset or
does this even have anything to do with SP2 and that something else
has changed that I did not notice.

Regards,
TR

TR March 4th 05 02:52 AM

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 02:34:00 GMT, ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net
(Ben Myers) wrote:

Not sure. I use Firefox and Mozilla... Ben Myers

Sorry, I thought it was you that had given advice on that once before.
Thanks for the reply though...

Regards,
TR