HardwareBanter

-   Storage (alternative) (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   USB 2.0 250GB External Drive Questions (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=86664)

MrManuals July 22nd 04 02:18 AM

USB 2.0 250GB External Drive Questions

Hi all;
I'm considering purchasing a 250GB USB 2.0 external drive for
backups. I'm running XP Home on a Dell P4-1.8ghz.
Now I know that there is a drive limit size of 137gb for internal
drives, does this limit also extend to external usb drives?
What should I look for in purchasing this?

TIA.

Sarah Crighton August 18th 04 12:29 AM

MrManuals wrote in message . ..
Hi all;
I'm considering purchasing a 250GB USB 2.0 external drive for
backups. I'm running XP Home on a Dell P4-1.8ghz.
Now I know that there is a drive limit size of 137gb for internal
drives, does this limit also extend to external usb drives?
What should I look for in purchasing this?

TIA.

I'm currently using a 5 bay 250GB High-Rely Drive(
www.high-rely.com)
for backup on an XP system at work. I've yet to notice any limitations
when it comes to size. I just plug her in and as far as the OS is
concerned I have five 250gb drives installed.

Hope this helps.
Sarah