HardwareBanter

-   Ati Videocards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Control Panel failed to load on Radeon 7000 Win98SE (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=42269)

Othello October 13th 03 04:10 AM

Control Panel failed to load on Radeon 7000 Win98SE

I am having a problem with my Radeon 7000 drivers.

When I try to install the Catalyst drivers for my
Radeon 7000 video card, the drivers load fine but after rebooting
my computer I get a message...

Control Panel failed to load because the Radeon drivers have not loaded
or are not working properly.

No version of Catalyst control panel works.

I am runnning Windows 98SE
Tried Catalyst 7_83, 7_91 and the original files on the CD which also
choked. All versions of the drivers work but none of the Control Panels.
Need the control panel to tweak the 3D settings.

ATI web site offers no assistance and I always do a completely clean install with ever new driver version.
Any help would be appreciated.

Othello

Othello October 13th 03 08:38 PM

Hey Jad,

Tried the 3.7 version of Catalyst which requires a separate install on Direct X 9 which I am NOT going to install. Have not tried 3.8 because I assume it is the same.

The UNINSTALL feature in Add/Remove Programs actually fails when I try to
use it. I get a shirt window box that says 0xec failed or something to that effect. I always have to resort to manually delieting all of the files and cleaning the registry.

Othello

"JAD" wrote in
ink.net: