HardwareBanter

-   Printers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   HP Laserjet 5L (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=180605)

Author October 3rd 09 01:26 AM

HP Laserjet 5L

I have a Laserjet 5L which up until now has given reliable service.
I have the parallel port cable disconnected and am using the
front panel button to print a test page. When the button is
pressed the lights on the panel activate normally and run through
the print routine. The paper advances about a quarter of an inch then
stops and the yellow fault light comes on and the other 2 green
indicator lights also stay on.

I can clear the fault condition by removing and reconnecting the
power plug. However the problem repeats.

What is causing my printer to behave this way and is there anything
I can do get it to work properly?

Thanks

George

Tony[_2_] October 3rd 09 02:17 AM

HP Laserjet 5L

Author wrote:
I have a Laserjet 5L which up until now has given reliable service.
I have the parallel port cable disconnected and am using the
front panel button to print a test page. When the button is
pressed the lights on the panel activate normally and run through
the print routine. The paper advances about a quarter of an inch then
stops and the yellow fault light comes on and the other 2 green
indicator lights also stay on.

I can clear the fault condition by removing and reconnecting the
power plug. However the problem repeats.

What is causing my printer to behave this way and is there anything
I can do get it to work properly?

Thanks

George

Unless there is an onstruction (common with top load printers, paper slips,
pens and other assorted goodies), the culprit will be a worn feed roller. The
rollers are tricky to replace but you can buy kits with instructions from many
sources.
Tony