HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Compaq Presario 5446 into Presario 5440 Case (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=58019)

Grocus September 4th 03 02:41 PM

Compaq Presario 5446 into Presario 5440 Case

Hello,

I'm having trouble with the power button on a second-hand case I've
bought.

I am trying to install a Compaq Presario 5446 into a case that's
badged ‘Compaq Presario 5440'

The 5446 motherboard has a 20 pin connector (2 rows of 10). From the
top, pin 5 on the right is missing (19 pin connector!?).

The original power button was plugged at the top on the right, the
wire colours :- empty, Red, Orange, Yellow,blocked,Green, Blue,
White.

The connector on the new case is as follows:- Left row Yellow, White,
the rest empty. Right row Blue, Black, Black, White/Blue stripe.

The only other info I can give is the original 5446 button was screwed
into the chassis (Earthed?) on a small circuit board, whilst the
button on the new case is mounted in a plastic mould. Blue + Black
going to power, White + Yellow HD and Black + White Blue stripe to
button.

Can anyone give any advice!

G.