HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   7240 MS-DOS Compatibility Mode (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=57842)

Bob July 23rd 03 12:45 AM

7240 MS-DOS Compatibility Mode

Here is some info. In particular in references MS knowledge base article
Q151911.

http://malektips.envprogramming.com/95wdo0013.html

"DEJ57" wrote in message
Anyone remember the steps to cure DOS compatibility mode operation?
One was to remove the line NOIDE from the regestry, as I recall. Other

step or
two? I believe there was...

I was under the impression this condition sometimes occurs when two IDE

devices
don't get along. A 40GB HDD in my 7204 doesn't appear to be spooning with

my
Compaq 6x CDROM, or with my BIOS. I used an overlay to get by the 8GB

limit on
the 7240 but still have to F1 boot through a HDD error during boot. Since
that's true, that the 7240 doesn't really like the large drive and

overlay, it
may only run in DOS compatibility mode.

Opinions welcomed!

Dale

Dale

DEJ57 July 23rd 03 05:43 AM

Thanks for the links, guys--I'll take my shots and see if I can fix it....Dale