HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Kodak Hero 3 Printer Trouble (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=198114)

[email protected] August 26th 17 12:07 AM

Kodak Hero 3 Printer Trouble

I love this printer. Now suddenly it only prints grey, whether color
or b&w. I put in new cartridges - same result. Anything I can try?
I'd sure like to keep the printer.
Thanks

JW

philo August 26th 17 02:45 PM

On 08/25/2017 06:07 PM, wrote:
I love this printer. Now suddenly it only prints grey, whether color
or b&w. I put in new cartridges - same result. Anything I can try?
I'd sure like to keep the printer.
Thanks

JW

Try this if you have not already done so

http://support.en.kodak.com/app/answ.../selected/true

Paul[_28_] August 26th 17 05:39 PM

wrote:
I love this printer. Now suddenly it only prints grey, whether color
or b&w. I put in new cartridges - same result. Anything I can try?
I'd sure like to keep the printer.
Thanks

JW

It has a "Restore to factory defaults", if you're not
making progress.

http://resources.kodak.com/support/s...1330c9s5.shtml

Paul

[email protected] August 27th 17 10:21 AM

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 08:45:25 -0500, philo wrote:

On 08/25/2017 06:07 PM, wrote:
I love this printer. Now suddenly it only prints grey, whether color
or b&w. I put in new cartridges - same result. Anything I can try?
I'd sure like to keep the printer.
Thanks

JW

Try this if you have not already done so

http://support.en.kodak.com/app/answ.../selected/true

Did it.

Same printing result.

Guess it's shot.

JW

[email protected] August 27th 17 12:16 PM

On 08/25/2017 06:07 PM, wrote:
I love this printer. Now suddenly it only prints grey, whether color
or b&w. I put in new cartridges - same result. Anything I can try?
I'd sure like to keep the printer.
Thanks

JW

Try this if you have not already done so

http://support.en.kodak.com/app/answ.../selected/true

Did it - still not good.
When I did a copy of a b&w page, when I set b&w, it came out very
light grey. When I set color to color it came out blue.
Thanks
JW

[email protected] August 27th 17 12:25 PM

Kodak Hero 3 Printer Trouble

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 12:39:40 -0400, Paul

I love this printer. Now suddenly it only prints grey, whether color
or b&w. I put in new cartridges - same result. Anything I can try?
I'd sure like to keep the printer.
Thanks

JW

It has a "Restore to factory defaults", if you're not
making progress.

http://resources.kodak.com/support/s...1330c9s5.shtml

Paul

Thanks.
Tried it - no improvement. I wonder if the black cartridge is bad, or
its printer socket is plugged? It's a new cartridge. Re-manuf. tho
JW

Paul[_28_] August 27th 17 01:05 PM

wrote:
On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 12:39:40 -0400, Paul

I love this printer. Now suddenly it only prints grey, whether color
or b&w. I put in new cartridges - same result. Anything I can try?
I'd sure like to keep the printer.
Thanks

JW

It has a "Restore to factory defaults", if you're not
making progress.

http://resources.kodak.com/support/s...1330c9s5.shtml

Paul

Thanks.
Tried it - no improvement. I wonder if the black cartridge is bad, or
its printer socket is plugged? It's a new cartridge. Re-manuf. tho
JW

I think I'd try a "genuine" cart as my next test :-)

Paul

Paul[_28_] August 27th 17 01:34 PM

wrote:
On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 12:39:40 -0400, Paul

I love this printer. Now suddenly it only prints grey, whether color
or b&w. I put in new cartridges - same result. Anything I can try?
I'd sure like to keep the printer.
Thanks

JW

It has a "Restore to factory defaults", if you're not
making progress.

http://resources.kodak.com/support/s...1330c9s5.shtml

Paul

Thanks.
Tried it - no improvement. I wonder if the black cartridge is bad, or
its printer socket is plugged? It's a new cartridge. Re-manuf. tho
JW

Also, there is a FAQ entry on the Kodak site, that says
when printing black and white, it cannot make "dark black" without
adding a tiny bit of ink from the color cart. Which isn't really
consistent with some of the examples here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CMYK_color_model

Your "suddenly printing grey" would mean that the color one
isn't working at all, and the printer cannot make a good
black without it.

Paul

[email protected] August 27th 17 01:42 PM

Kodak Hero 3 Printer Trouble

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 12:39:40 -0400, Paul

I love this printer. Now suddenly it only prints grey, whether color
or b&w. I put in new cartridges - same result. Anything I can try?
I'd sure like to keep the printer.
Thanks

JW

It has a "Restore to factory defaults", if you're not
making progress.

http://resources.kodak.com/support/s...1330c9s5.shtml

Paul

I tried the cleaning process again, then redid a copy of a b&w printed
page with b&w pics and b texts. Did a b&w copy and got light gray
pics, unreadable texts with horiz heavy black lines across all pics.
I think something is wrong involving the black.
Thanks

JW

[email protected] August 27th 17 01:44 PM

Kodak Hero 3 Printer Trouble

On Sun, 27 Aug 2017 08:05:29 -0400, Paul

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 12:39:40 -0400, Paul

I love this printer. Now suddenly it only prints grey, whether color
or b&w. I put in new cartridges - same result. Anything I can try?
I'd sure like to keep the printer.
Thanks

JW
It has a "Restore to factory defaults", if you're not
making progress.

http://resources.kodak.com/support/s...1330c9s5.shtml

Paul

Thanks.
Tried it - no improvement. I wonder if the black cartridge is bad, or
its printer socket is plugged? It's a new cartridge. Re-manuf. tho
JW

I think I'd try a "genuine" cart as my next test :-)

Paul

I'd have to buy one - last time I checked, they were dear.
JW