HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   access to BIOS setup Deskpro4000 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=59294)

dbyy October 16th 04 09:08 PM

access to BIOS setup Deskpro4000

hi everyone,

I got an old Deskpro4000.
The system is not booting from CD and I want to change that to install an
new OS. With which keys can I enter the BIOS setup?

I tried all F-keys but no key is getting me into the BIOS.

I hope some smart brain can help me.

Any help much appreciated
TIA

dbyy

Ben Myers October 16th 04 09:55 PM

Compaq usually uses the F10 key to access the BIOS setup. If it's an older
computer like a Pentium "1" or an early Pentium II, don't be surprised if the
BIOS does not have an option to boot from CD... Ben Myers

dbyy October 17th 04 03:04 PM

ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers) wrote in
:

Compaq usually uses the F10 key to access the BIOS setup. If it's an
older computer like a Pentium "1" or an early Pentium II, don't be
surprised if the BIOS does not have an option to boot from CD... Ben
Myers

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 20:08:38 GMT, dbyy wrote:

hi everyone,

I got an old Deskpro4000.
The system is not booting from CD and I want to change that to install
an new OS. With which keys can I enter the BIOS setup?

I tried all F-keys but no key is getting me into the BIOS.

I hope some smart brain can help me.

Any help much appreciated
TIA

dbyy

thanks Ben,

F10 key is not working..
Guess have to get out the old MS-DOS floppies :-(

Thanks again
Fred