HardwareBanter

-   Storage & Hardrives (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   STMS / MPxIO path count limitation Solaris_10 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=164688)

[email protected] February 1st 08 08:58 PM

STMS / MPxIO path count limitation Solaris_10

Does anyone in the group know of any documented limitation regarding
the manimum number of paths per device that can be managed by MPxIO.

If a SAN storage controller failure occurs it might be that 8 of 16
paths to a device will fail. Is there any scenario where I/O retry
count could be used up trying the failed paths causing I/O to be
failed before even trying the surviving paths?

Thanks...

Cydrome Leader February 1st 08 11:42 PM

wrote:

Does anyone in the group know of any documented limitation regarding
the manimum number of paths per device that can be managed by MPxIO.

If a SAN storage controller failure occurs it might be that 8 of 16
paths to a device will fail. Is there any scenario where I/O retry
count could be used up trying the failed paths causing I/O to be
failed before even trying the surviving paths?

mpxio just fails over to the good connection. Unless that one goes down,
you won't have any problems, no matter how long one link is broken.