HardwareBanter

-   Overclocking AMD Processors (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   ATA 9200se (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=14139)

Ken April 13th 04 01:39 PM

ATA 9200se

Hi

Is a ATA 9200se 64mb vidoe card good for the odd game, mostly age of empire
style games and dvd play back.

Michael Brown April 13th 04 02:22 PM

Ken wrote:
Hi

Is a ATA 9200se 64mb vidoe card good for the odd game, mostly age of
empire style games and dvd play back.

See answer in alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Crosspost if you must, but never multipost.

--
Michael Brown

Maciek K. April 13th 04 02:48 PM

Ken wrote:
Hi

Is a ATA 9200se 64mb vidoe card good for the odd game, mostly age of empire
style games and dvd play back.

Yeah - it's pretty enough.

Cheers.

Wayne Wastier April 13th 04 10:09 PM

"Michael Brown" wrote in message
Ken wrote:
Hi

Is a ATA 9200se 64mb vidoe card good for the odd game, mostly age of
empire style games and dvd play back.

See answer in alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Crosspost if you must, but never multipost.

--

Wrong. Multi-posting is accepted. Cross-posting is not.

Wayne

Wayne Wastier April 13th 04 10:13 PM

Oops, forgot to give explanation:

When you multi-post, when someone responds, it stays in that group.
When you cross-post, every answer is spawned to every cross posted group.

I have seen many flame wars because of people cross-posting to
Christian, anti-Christian, Buddhist, etc... groups.

Prevent flame wars if you can, but by all means, stay out of them.

Wayne

Wayne Wastier April 13th 04 11:10 PM

I guess it depends on your view point. :o)

I have seen many flame wars started by cross-posting. When you cross-post,
every answer is spawned to every cross posted group. (especially if you use
OE as your newsreader, as many of us do.)

Wayne

"Max" wrote in message
"Wayne Wastier" wrote:

Is a ATA 9200se 64mb vidoe card good for the odd game,
mostly age of empire style games and dvd play back.

See answer in alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Crosspost if you must, but never multipost.

--

Wrong. Multi-posting is accepted. Cross-posting is not.

I think it is other way around. Multiposting can not be detected
by a newsreader but crossposting can be.

Have a look at a few FAQ on posting.

Michael Brown April 14th 04 03:57 AM

Wayne Wastier wrote:
Oops, forgot to give explanation:

When you multi-post, when someone responds, it stays in that group.
When you cross-post, every answer is spawned to every cross posted
group.

This is also the reason why crossposting (as opposed to multiposting) is
good :) If a question is asked in several groups, these groups are
(hopefully) interested in the question. So if the question IS answered, it's
probably good for the people who don't monitor all of the groups to see the
answer.

Of course, it can be abused, particularily for flame-wars as you noted.
Ideally, you should only post in the group that is the most applicable to
your question.

[...]

--
Michael Brown

Wayne Wastier April 14th 04 04:26 AM

Wayne Wastier wrote:
[...]

Makes cents$ to me. LOL

Thanks for the heads up on this. I will now update my netiquette, as you
have shown me great wisdom, and maybe even a bit of insight. ROFLOL

Cerealously, I really do see your po^nt. g

Wayne