HardwareBanter

-   Matrox Videocards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   1920 x 1200 - Parelha won`t cope (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=49277)

Michael Mueller October 18th 04 06:23 PM

1920 x 1200 - Parelha won`t cope

Today I spend quite some time, trying to get my new HP 23 inch flat panel
work with 1920 x 1200.
I expected that the HP drivers don`t work correctly but I "never" thought,
that my highend Parelha would not cope with that resolution.
Which other (no Matrox) card would be recomended for DUAL monitor purpose?

Michael Müller

Larc October 18th 04 09:49 PM

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 19:23:01 +0200, "Michael Mueller"
wrote:

| Today I spend quite some time, trying to get my new HP 23 inch flat panel
| work with 1920 x 1200.
| I expected that the HP drivers don`t work correctly but I "never" thought,
| that my highend Parelha would not cope with that resolution.
| Which other (no Matrox) card would be recomended for DUAL monitor purpose?

That's higher than the Parhelia will support via the digital out, but
it should be able reach the high figure with analog out. However, you
may be experiencing an aspect problem.

If your monitor is 4:3, that display will be considerably out of
aspect. 1920 should be mated with 1440 and 1200 with 1600.

In event of the former, I hope you have a very good magnifying glass!

Larc

Steven Whatley October 19th 04 11:28 PM

Michael Mueller wrote:
Today I spend quite some time, trying to get my new HP 23 inch flat panel
work with 1920 x 1200.
I expected that the HP drivers don`t work correctly but I "never" thought,
that my highend Parelha would not cope with that resolution.
Which other (no Matrox) card would be recomended for DUAL monitor purpose?

The Parhelia will work with some LCDs at 1920x1200 via DVI as long as the
monitor supports reduced blankings.

Check out this Matrox Forum thread:
http://forum.matrox.com/mga/viewtopi...x1200+parhelia

Hope this helps,