HardwareBanter

-   Ati Videocards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   MacOS Panther upgrade breaks some ATI cards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=42550)

SL October 27th 03 06:44 PM

MacOS Panther upgrade breaks some ATI cards

If you have ATI cards installed for additional monitors, don't upgrade
to Mac OS 10.3 Panther or your extra monitors won't work.

I found this out to my cost upgrading a Jaguar system with 3 monitors
(2 powered by ATI XCLAIM 3D Pro [ATY,GT-C] cards) to Panther over the
weekend, now it's a one monitor system...

ATI so far have no new drivers for Mac OS X Panther (Panther isn't even
mentioned on their site).

Dean November 5th 03 03:51 AM

SL wrote in message ...
If you have ATI cards installed for additional monitors, don't upgrade
to Mac OS 10.3 Panther or your extra monitors won't work.

I found this out to my cost upgrading a Jaguar system with 3 monitors
(2 powered by ATI XCLAIM 3D Pro [ATY,GT-C] cards) to Panther over the
weekend, now it's a one monitor system...

ATI so far have no new drivers for Mac OS X Panther (Panther isn't even
mentioned on their site).

I have just upgraded to MacOS Panther, and one of the problems (there
are a few) is similar to yours.

I have two Apple 17" LCD's running off the single Nvidia card of my G4
Dual 1.4Ghz. The LCD that is plugged in via the DVI-ADC adapter now
has non-functioning USB ports :(

This happened straight after updating to Panther, and I noticed it
straight away as my keyboard no longer worked that was plugged into
the LCD.

I'm considering a FULL install of Panther rather than an update.
Another problem is that the system hangs if I try to log out of an
account. If I turn OFF 'Fast account switching', the system doesn't
hang.