HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Presario 7994; Parts/Advice Wanted (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=59097)

ka6uup August 13th 04 10:59 PM

Presario 7994; Parts/Advice Wanted

I am looking for a couple of the blank-off plates for the drive bays and
the door for the front.
Also, The mouse is not being detected. I am using an USB mouse but will
be using the computer primarily in DOS mode and would like to fix it.
I suspect the connector on the motherboard. The computer detects the
port but not the mouse. The mouse works fine on another computer.
Has anyone run into this problem before?
I am going to try re soldering the connector in case it has come loose,
but the connector appears to be worn and may be no good.
Can anyone suggest a source for the female plug?
TIA
Chuck

HH August 14th 04 12:20 AM

The spare part numbers a
Door 158240-001
5.25 blank 102371-001
3.5 blank 102368-001
You can try entering the part numbers at spare parts at:
http://vztxesppro3.cce.hp.com/hppart...64L4GC57AG B1

As for the mouse, are you trying to use a USB mouse in DOS?

HH

ka6uup August 14th 04 02:27 AM

No,
I have had no luck getting it to work in DOS. I am using the USB mouse
temporarily till I can figure out why it won't recognize the PS2 mouse.
If you know how to get the USB mouse to work under DOS, PLEASE let me
know. :-}
Thanks for the info on the door.
Chuck

terry_b17 August 14th 04 12:10 PM

hi,
have you tried a serial mouse ?
hope this helps ,
terry

==============

terry_b17 August 14th 04 01:08 PM

Chuck,
check out http://www.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/mouse/mouse.txt
good luck ,
terry

==============

Ben Myers August 14th 04 03:38 PM

Some motherboards with a more generic BIOS than Compaq's have legacy USB
support, with the right low-level BIOS mapping for a USB keyboard to work in
DOS. As to whether or not a USB mouse will work in DOS with legacy USB support
enabled, I don't know. I have not had the time to experiment. I sort of doubt
it, unless Logitech or maybe some 3rd party driver developer has written a mouse
driver that works with a USB mouse. There are some other USB DOS drivers
lurking around... Ben Myers

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 06:19:37 -0400, "HH" wrote:

Sorry, but I know of no way a USB mouse will work in DOS since DOS has no
native support for USB. Possibly a USB to PS2 adapter??? Why not just use a
PS2 mouse?
HH

om...

HH August 14th 04 06:59 PM

In DOS, USB keyboard, yes, mouse no. Just spend $10 on a PS/2 mouse.
HH

HH wrote:

The spare part numbers a
Door 158240-001
5.25 blank 102371-001
3.5 blank 102368-001
You can try entering the part numbers at spare parts at:

http://vztxesppro3.cce.hp.com/hppart...V7F6T9K0U9JCT3

BQC64L4GC57AGB1

ka6uup August 15th 04 05:20 AM

The PS/ mouse doesn't work.
See previous emails.
There is something wrong with the connector
Chuck
HH wrote:
[...]

.com...

HH wrote:

The spare part numbers a
Door 158240-001
5.25 blank 102371-001
3.5 blank 102368-001
You can try entering the part numbers at spare parts at:

http://vztxesppro3.cce.hp.com/hppart...V7F6T9K0U9JCT3

BQC64L4GC57AGB1

As for the mouse, are you trying to use a USB mouse in DOS?

HH

y.com...