HardwareBanter

-   Printers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Epson ink cartridges -- capacity? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=197327)

Percival P. Cassidy December 21st 16 07:49 PM

Epson ink cartridges -- capacity?

I see advertisers on eBay selling "Initial" 786 ink cartridges and
claiming that they contain more ink than even the 786XL cartridges. Is
that true?

Perce

Robert Baer[_2_] December 23rd 16 07:12 AM

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
I see advertisers on eBay selling "Initial" 786 ink cartridges and
claiming that they contain more ink than even the 786XL cartridges. Is
that true?

Perce

Only if "you pay enough to send the very best".

[email protected] March 19th 17 12:15 AM

On Wednesday, 21 December 2016 19:47:02 UTC, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
I see advertisers on eBay selling "Initial" 786 ink cartridges and
claiming that they contain more ink than even the 786XL cartridges. Is
that true?

Perce

initial cartridges always only include minimal ink. Thought of as a "demo"

Percival P. Cassidy March 19th 17 06:29 PM

On 03/18/2017 08:15 PM, wrote:

I see advertisers on eBay selling "Initial" 786 ink cartridges and
claiming that they contain more ink than even the 786XL cartridges. Is
that true?

initial cartridges always only include minimal ink. Thought of as a "demo"

That's what I suspected, but more than one seller has assured me that
the Epson "initial" cartridges in fact contain more ink because they
have to "prime" the system first and then still have a decent amount of
ink left. So, since the system is already primed, an "initial" cartridge
will last much longer than a regular cartridge.

Perce