HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Presario Laptop 12XL403 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=94859)

Rob April 17th 05 06:37 PM

Presario Laptop 12XL403

Please forgive me if I am asking in the wrong place or indeed if I am the
only person not to know the answer to my problem!

How do I get into the FULL BIOS for this computer? I can only see a very
simple BIOS (pressing F10) and I have on order a new hard disk whih (I
assume) I will need to set up. Are there a couple of pins to short or
something?

Many thanks.

Rob

Tom Scales April 17th 05 06:52 PM

Rob,

There is no full BIOS. This is a Presario.

That said, there is no setup for a hard drive on a Presario either. They
auto-detect.

Tom

Rob April 17th 05 06:59 PM

Thanks, Tom

By the way, do you happen to know how to get the screen off so that I can
replace it with one that is less scratched? I'm just a little wary of
pulling anything too hard!!

Rob.