HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   How to install new SATA drives for RAID 0? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=3545)

[email protected] February 10th 04 08:08 PM

How to install new SATA drives for RAID 0?

I'm building a new system. I just got 2 Maxtor SATA hard drives. I
will be installing WinXP as OS. Do I need to format and partion the
hard drives with the Maxtor-supplied CD before I start the XP/RAID 0
installation? Or will XP see that they're not formatted or partioned
and do it first before loading RAID drivers? ( I have RAID drivers on
floppy that came with mobo, Intel D865PERL). I plan not to partion
them, just one big C drive. (I have the CD-RWs already installed and
BIOS sees them).

Brad February 11th 04 08:18 AM

all you do is install the raid drivers when windows tell you to and it will
do it automatically...
follow the prompts...
i got 2 seagate SATA drives on raid 0 and it`s killer...

Brad...

[email protected] February 11th 04 02:58 PM

Thanks.I needed to know if I formatted and partioned new drives first,
but I'm all set.
On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 18:48:42 +1030, "Brad"
wrote:

all you do is install the raid drivers when windows tell you to and it will
do it automatically...
follow the prompts...
i got 2 seagate SATA drives on raid 0 and it`s killer...

Brad...

.. .