HardwareBanter

-   Cdr (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Looking for slot loading DVD burner (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=82378)

dg March 8th 05 07:24 PM

Looking for slot loading DVD burner

Looking for slot loading DVD burner, IDE, for use in a full sized PC.

Any tips?

THANKS!
--Dan

Paul Heslop March 8th 05 08:25 PM

dg wrote:

Looking for slot loading DVD burner, IDE, for use in a full sized PC.

Any tips?

THANKS!
--Dan

I wrote slot dvd burner into google and this was the first page which
came up

http://www.dvd-recordable.org/Article1862.phtml

--
Paul (everybody hurts sometimes)
Stop and Look

dg March 8th 05 08:56 PM

"Paul Heslop" wrote in message
I wrote slot dvd burner into google and this was the first page which
came up

http://www.dvd-recordable.org/Article1862.phtml

Ok, here is the tough part: Where can I buy one? There are half a dozen
retailers that LIST the item, but none of them actually HAVE the item for
sale.

Thanks,
--Dan

Paul Heslop March 8th 05 09:08 PM

dg wrote:

"Paul Heslop" wrote in message
I wrote slot dvd burner into google and this was the first page which
came up

http://www.dvd-recordable.org/Article1862.phtml

Ok, here is the tough part: Where can I buy one? There are half a dozen
retailers that LIST the item, but none of them actually HAVE the item for
sale.

Thanks,
--Dan

ah, did some research and find it probably won't be available til
april. While looking for that though I noticed a few mentions of a
pioneer dvd reader

http://www.esbuy.com/pidvsldr.html

and also this

http://www.esbuy.com/pisllosldvdr.html

Paul Heslop March 8th 05 11:40 PM

Dan G wrote:
=

Plextor has just announced a set of slot-loaders, should hit the shelve=

s in
a couple months or less.
=

that was the one I pointed out to him :O)

-- =

Paul (That=92s what keeps me down)