HardwareBanter

-   -   Fan for Asus V8420 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=54341)

CapFusion June 21st 04 09:27 PM

Fan for Asus V8420

If still in warranty, you can check with their service / rma department to
have the fan replace due to noise.

CapFusion,...

"Lars-Erik Østerud" .@. wrote in message
The fan on my Asus V8420 (A Ti-4200 card) has been very noise from the
start, but now it's terrible, and I'm fearing that it will break down.

Does anyone know if there are any good replacements fans available?

It's possible to detach the fan from the heat sink, but both the fan
and the heat sink seems a bit special design so I'm not sure if there
are any fans that will fit in the original heat sink.

But maybe there are fan with heat sinks that will fit the holes on the
board (two 2 mm holes diagonnaly on each side of the fan/sink assy)?

Anyone know?

--
Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ # 7297605
Win98se, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!

Jethro[AGHL] June 22nd 04 05:46 PM

"Lars-Erik Østerud" wrote:

The fan on my Asus V8420 (A Ti-4200 card) has been very noise from the
start, but now it's terrible, and I'm fearing that it will break down.

Does anyone know if there are any good replacements fans available?

It's possible to detach the fan from the heat sink, but both the fan
and the heat sink seems a bit special design so I'm not sure if there
are any fans that will fit in the original heat sink.

But maybe there are fan with heat sinks that will fit the holes on the
board (two 2 mm holes diagonnaly on each side of the fan/sink assy)?

Anyone know?

--
Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ # 7297605
Win98se, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!

I have the simila card and my fan got noisy also. I replaced it with a Vantec card cooler.
http://www.vantecusa.com/product-cooling.html#
Vantec IceberQ4 Pro Premium VGA Cooling Kit CCB-A4P

Quick and easy install. Just make sure it matchs your card as there are 2 different type
with slight differences for certain cards. Also get 4 RAMsinks RAM coolers.

HTH
Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Pinger
Reply Email: jeff (at) tibben (dot) ca