HardwareBanter

-   Overclocking AMD Processors (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   2500+ Normal Speed.. (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=17169)

andym October 13th 04 11:52 AM

2500+ Normal Speed..

Hi all,

I know that this is an overlocking newsgroup, but I was wondering if you
guys could help me..

I have a 2500+ running on an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Mobo.

It seems that when I go to the Control Panel - System -General, it shows
that I am only getting 1.09Ghz out of it. I think the default speed is
1.83Ghz.

Can anybody explain why my default speed is so low? I have never overclocked
or changed any BIOS setting (I'm a bit of a gumby with these things, so have
left everything alone!!).

Seems I'm losing around 40% of my minimum potential here...

Any clues would be most appreciated...

Regards,

andym

andym October 13th 04 12:32 PM

Mark,

I have the following settings shown on my "Advanced Chipset Features" area
of the BIOS..

CPU Ext. Freq. = 100Mhz
CPU Freq. Multiple Setting = Auto
System Perfomance = Optimal
FSB Spread spectrum = .50%

Would any of this need to be changed? ... as I said before i just want the
1.83Mhz .. not interested in overclocking...

andym October 13th 04 12:42 PM

Mark,

I just experimented and changed the CPU Ext. Freq to 166Mhz, and it
worked!!! I am now running on 1.83Ghz..

many thanks :)

andym!!

John Smith October 13th 04 12:51 PM

Hi
Your front side bus is set at 100Mhz = 11 X 100 = 1100Mhz
should be 166Mhz = 11X 166= 1833Mhz

Smiffy

John Smith October 13th 04 02:17 PM

Hi
Set FSB spread spectrum to 0%(disabled) as well
how old is your XP2500,it may be unlocked
try changing cpu freq multiplier to 10 say and see if it
boots at 1666Mhz
Smiffy

rstlne October 13th 04 02:26 PM

"andym" wrote in message
Hi all,

I know that this is an overlocking newsgroup, but I was wondering if you
guys could help me..

I have a 2500+ running on an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Mobo.

It seems that when I go to the Control Panel - System -General, it shows
that I am only getting 1.09Ghz out of it. I think the default speed is
1.83Ghz.

Can anybody explain why my default speed is so low? I have never

overclocked
or changed any BIOS setting (I'm a bit of a gumby with these things, so

have
left everything alone!!).

Seems I'm losing around 40% of my minimum potential here...

Any clues would be most appreciated...

Regards,

andym

Actually
1.83 is correct
166 * 11 = 1826

rstlne October 13th 04 02:26 PM

"Mark" wrote in message
Have you checked the bus speed in the bio's?

Why should he..

rstlne October 13th 04 02:27 PM

"rstlne" wrote in message

"Mark" wrote in message
Have you checked the bus speed in the bio's?

Why should he..

Gawd
Wake up me..

rstlne October 13th 04 02:28 PM