HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   12XL510 Locks Up (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=59052)

Bill Wolcott July 28th 04 11:35 PM

12XL510 Locks Up

Hello,
I have a 12XL510 running ME, approx. 3 years old. Lately I can use it for
15-20 minutes and the screen fades to snow and machine locks up. It will
come back for a few seconds once or twice, then permanent freeze. Only way
to clear it is shutting down using power button, then wait a few minutes and
turn it back on. Don't know if it's related (probably is), but today when I
forced shutdown and re-booted, it came back on in 640 x 480 mode, where it's
stuck.
Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.
Bill W

Bill Wolcott July 30th 04 08:38 PM

Thanks HH for the reply. Fan seems to be running all right, i.e. whirring
noise and warm air moving out.
Any ideas on how to get my larger resolutions back?
Bill W